Essential Purpose of the position:
The Shift Manager is responsible for performing, orchestrating, and supporting parking operations to ensure that services commensurate with guest/client expectations and established performance standards. The position is also responsible for the following, but not limited to:
· Assist Site Manager with managing hotel parking operations.
· Complete weekly staffing schedules according to expected business volumes and scheduled events.
· Employ appropriate means and resources to continually ensure optimal staffing levels on each shift as they relate to business and activity levels.
· Ensure the safety and security of all vehicles and keys at all times.
· Ensure that parking and valet procedures meet expectations and established standards while maximizing profitability and minimizing financial exposure; investigate and resolve any parking revenue discrepancies.
· Ensure proper grooming and appearance standards of all employees in accordance with established hotel division guidelines.
· Conduct daily shift briefings to ensure a consistent and effective flow of information within the team; coordinate VIP guest arrival and departure services.
· Ensure accuracy and compliance of daily time and attendance policies; ensure compliance to all meal/break procedures.
· Assist with the hiring, training, coaching/counseling processes to ensure that performance standards are consistently met or exceeded; ensure compliance on all Ace developed training and certification programs.
· Conduct random keyboard audits and mid-shift audits to ensure consistency in performance standards and revenue controls.
· Coordinate break and meal periods for on-duty staff according to activity levels.
· Review and approve daily shift reports for accuracy; investigate and resolve revenue discrepancies.
· Assist with the timely, accurate and thorough completion of all associate performance evaluations and any other forms of documentation as they relate to performance.
· Monitor all departmental supplies and equipment on each shift to ensure that associates have the necessary resources to successfully perform job requirements.
· Assist in maintaining the proper working order of parking related equipment.
· Consistently participate as an active role model, trainer, coach, and mentor to motivate and engage team.
· Execute operations in accordance with the policies and procedures specified within the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and Company employee handbook.
· Monitor the front drive and all parking areas/structures to ensure that the cleanliness, appearance, and maintained for the safe and efficient movement of all vehicles and pedestrians.
· Train staff and ensure staff knowledge of hotel areas, services, offerings and daily events.
· Respond to and resolve any guest or visitor complaints, vehicle claims and service discrepancies.
· Research and complete required documentation on any vehicle damage claims.
· Complete assignments on time, accurately, and to the specifications defined.
· Attend any hotel sponsored meetings as requested or assigned.
· Demonstrate a guest-driven style of leadership with a sense of urgency in interactions, executions and recovery.
· Inspect and review all operations and functions. Confer and coordinate with Site Manager, Assistant Managers, and/or Valet Captains to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and optimum utilization of manpower and facilities.
· Assist Site Manager investigate all customer complaints and comments; follows up with involved personnel to resolve the matter to the guest's satisfaction.
· Ensure the daily work list is completed on assigned shift.
· Work with other divisions and areas of the hotel to ensure the guest's overall experience meets or exceeds expectations and standards.
· Act as an ambassador of the hotel/client at all times on or off property with and understanding that you are a representative of the Hotel and the company.
· Actively participate in corporate training and development programs.
· Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned.
· This job description is subject to change at any time at the discretion of management.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required.
· Must submit to and pass a drug screen and criminal background check
· Minimum two years of supervisory experience; minimum one year hospitality experience
· Possess excellent customer service skills; outgoing and enthusiastic personality
· Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills
· Intermediate knowledge of: Internet, Microsoft Word and Excel; Lotus Notes; Windows Operating System
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
· Demonstrate attention to detail
· Display critical/creative thinking
· Possess knowledge of local area and surrounding attractions
· Demonstrate active listening, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Possess basic mathematical and reasoning skills and aptitude. Must pass Wonderlic assessment with a minimum score of 21
· Demonstrate a guest-driven service style with a sense of urgency in interactions, execution and recovery.
· Possess knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
· Must be able to work a minimum of 45+ hours per week, including flexible shift hours (days, evenings, weekends, holidays); approximately seven plus hours per shift standing, walking, and running (intermittently)
· Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to deal with irate customers and resolve customer issues and/or complaints
· Ability to work in changing weather conditions
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment
· Possess a strong sense of vehicle and personal safety standards
· Must be able to meet the following MVR guidelines:
Ø Current and valid driver’s license.
Ø Proof of insurance (state minimum)
Ø No “Major” violations within a 3 year period (DUI, speeding over 21+mph, driving without a license, etc)
Ø No more than two “Minor” violations in a 3 year period (accident, speeding < 21mph, other moving violations)
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results