Parking Enforcement Officer
|Location:||Palm Springs, CA|
ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This Parking Enforcement Officer position is responsible forpatrolling assigned area, such as parking lot, garage, or airport section of city to resolve customer service issues and issue tickets. The position is also responsible for the following, but not limited to:
Essential Functions and Tasks:
· Patrol an assigned area by vehicle or on foot to ensure public compliance with existing parking ordinance and Company requirements.
· Maintain close communications with dispatching personnel, using two-way radios or cell phones.
· Write warnings and citations for illegally parked vehicles.
· Provide for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, enforcing motor vehicle laws and company policies and procedures, and promoting good community relations.
· Record facts to prepare reports that document incidents and activities.
· Monitor, note, report, and investigate suspicious persons and situations, safety hazards, and unusual or illegal activity in patrol area.
· Monitor parked vehicles and ensure that parking time limits are not exceeded.
· Respond to and make radio dispatch calls regarding parking violations and complaints.
· Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with dispatchers or manager when necessary to confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be towed.
· Observe and report hazardous conditions such as missing traffic signals or signs, and street markings that need to be repainted.
· Investigate and answer customer service complaints and routing them appropriately.
· Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned.
· This job description is subject to change at any time at the discretion of management.
· Must be at least 18 years old and possess a high school diploma or equivalent
· Must submit to and pass a drug screen and criminal background check
· Possess excellent customer service skills. Prefer at least six months previous customer service and cash handling experience
· Possess outgoing and enthusiastic personality
· Demonstrate exceptional oral communication skills by conveying information effectively
· Possess knowledge of local area and surrounding attractions
· Demonstrate active listening, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand
the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Demonstrate active listening, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understandthe points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results