The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) provides enterprise-wide support for Tutor Perini's JD Edwards application for HR/Payroll and potentially other modules. The BSA is the first line of support for end-users for the resolution of system issues, ad hoc reporting, functionality evaluations, training and system/reporting enhancement requests. The BSA works closely with end-users, IT and third party consultants to resolve issues and meet ongoing business needs.
The Business Systems Analyst must have strong systems aptitude and business acumen. The BSA will manage and update JD Edwards system configuration and provide functional specs to programmers for custom development. The BSA will also lead process design reviews with end users to help the business leverage JD Edwards to improve company performance. The resulting solutions will optimize the use of JD Edwards to minimize costs and maximize profitability.
The Business Systems Analyst is also responsible for evaluating JD Edwards program upgrades, service packs and patches (ESU's). The BSA develops and executes project and test plans related to program upgrades and system enhancements. The role is also responsible for maintaining and developing new educational materials and providing end-user training for the JD Edwards system.
• Work collaboratively with HR, Payroll and other business partners to gather requirements and design business processes and operational reports in support of the HR/Payroll and other modules.
• Identify opportunities to improve business processes leveraging the JDE Edwards software.
Implement processes that are accurate, streamlined, and well documented with an emphasis on providing timely and accurate financial data to the business.
• Develop ad hoc and custom reports using OneView Reporting and other JD Edwards report development tools. Deliver reports that help optimize business performance, support internal controls and codify high leverage-performance metrics.
• Partner with other Business Systems Analysts on the integration of HR/Payroll with other modules, including GL, equipment and Job Cost.
• Develop test plans and oversee the execution of tests for system enhancements, upgrades, service packages and program patches.
• Build the capabilities of end-users to access and use the data in a rigorous manner that is foundational to sound decision-making and ongoing reporting accuracy. Develop materials and provide training that establishes the required initial user acumen and can be leveraged for ongoing educational needs.
• Provide end-user support to ensure the system is performing as designed, information is timely and accurate and end-users are functioning effectively on the JD Edwards platform. Prioritize and resolve system issues. Identify and prioritize future enhancement requests.
Specialty/Job-Related knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Strong working knowledge of JD Edwards 9.1HR/Payroll and other modules.
• Proven track record of leveraging information systems to drive process improvements.
• Excellent project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work. Familiarity with system implementation best practices and methodologies.
• Experience with documenting functional requirements and design specifications for systems implementations.
• Familiarity with federal and state tax reporting requirements.
• Experience in partnering with external auditors on the establishment and review of internal controls for a publicly traded company.
Industry-specific knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Familiarity with HR/Payroll practices for the construction industry, including union pay and benefits is preferred.
General Business Acumen and Traits:
• Committed to continuous process improvement- identifies improvement opportunities, makes recommendations, and drives implementation of solutions.
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, high energy environment.
• Proven analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
• Proficient in standard business software, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Advanced skills in report development, business intelligence tools and application software preferred.
• Passionate about business being done right - results are timely and accurate.
• Works effectively in a collaborative environment with project team peers, leadership and end-users.
• Effective at influencing leadership to make merit based decisions that enable positive change.
Education and/or on-the- job experience:
• Five to Seven years of professional experience in HR, Payroll or IT for a Fortune 1000 caliber company.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration or information management is required, other advanced degrees or credentials are preferred.
• Hands on experience with at least one JD Edwards system conversion for the HR/Payroll module.