The System Administrator is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Stonegate Mortgage server and technology platform environment, as well as implementing new systems – both hardware and software – as the direction and volume of the business dictates. The System Administrator works closely with other IT personnel, internal department managers, and external vendors to ensure Stonegate Mortgage systems are available, secure, and have sufficient capacity to support and grow the business of the company. The System Administrator also serves as a Tier II level of desktop and laptop hardware and application support for the company’s end users. The System Administrator is also responsible for completing tasks and delivering projects as mutually agreed upon by his/her direct reporting relationship.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee the operation and daily functionality of Stonegate Mortgage systems.
- Develop formal processes and procedures to perform basic user and resource administration within Active Directory.
- Create and maintain procedures for system back-up and restore at both the server and desktop PC levels; develop a plan to test restore procedures periodically.
- Implement system monitoring/alerting on all critical systems so as to better manage system availability during normal business hours.
- Develop procedures to continually consider and improve upon network security standards, server patch management, and client workstation updates.
- Work to maintain hardware and software standards across the entire organization.
- Coordinate planned system maintenance with internal department managers to ensure minimal impact to internal and external customers.
- Serve as a resource for Tier II level support issues to ensure timely resolution on all desktop / laptop hardware and application issues.
- Ensure that all system processes and procedures are documented to ensure standardization.
- Research, drive and/or assist with other Information Technology projects or special corporate-level projects as assigned.
- Desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Ability to perform tasks and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to mentor and lead other members of the department.
- Desire to have a basic understanding of the mortgage process/industry.
- Represent Stonegate Mortgage Corporation in a professional manner by dressing professionally daily while in the office or when attending events.
- Practice Stonegate Mortgage Corporation Core Values:
- We are accountable for results and we deliver.
- We act with integrity and show respect.
- We are passionate about our business.
- We are accessible.
- We adapt to and create change in pursuit of our success.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Four-year degree in Information Technology or related field(s).
- MCSE certification required.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a System Administrator working in an environment utilizing Microsoft servers, Cisco routers/switches, and VOIP phone system.
- Mortgage industry and/or Financial services experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Above average ability with the following systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2008 R2
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 and 2010
- Microsoft Windows Terminal Services (Remote App)
- Symantec back-Up exec
- Microsoft Hyper-v
- Microsoft System Center Suite
- Above average ability to think logically in order to troubleshoot, analyze situations, and make sound decisions.
- Average ability to make independent decisions.
- Customer service driven; responsive to client issues and concerns.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Strong speaking and listening skills.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Employees are expected to carry out all reasonable requests by managers/supervisors, which the employee is capable of performing.
- Maintain equipment and supplies to avoid waste, damage to areas and equipment, and to prevent accidents.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee and company information.