As part of the Business Architecture team, the Implementation Coordinator is responsible for working with the IT Project Manager and Business Analyst, Training and business process owners on the delivery of system or process changes affecting Operations. This position coordinates communication with all areas of the business impacted, and recommends or provides the support needed for a successful execution.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates all activities impacting business users related to process or system changes including training, scheduling, equipment, and implementation
- Ensures communication with branch offices, broker offices, vendors and other Stonegate departments regarding changes, dates of implementation, etc.
- Responsible for updating written procedures and process maps and housing them in an accessible location for all affected users; archive old documentation for reference.
- Update training material
- Desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Ability to perform tasks and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Represent Stonegate Mortgage Corporation in a professional manner by dressing professionally daily while in the office or when attending events.
- Practice Stonegate Mortgage Corporation Core Values:
- We are accountable for results and we deliver.
- We act with integrity and show respect.
- We are passionate about our business.
- We are accessible.
- We adapt to and create change in pursuit of our success.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Five + years in mortgage lending
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and Visio.
- Ability to think logically in order to analyze situations and make sound decisions.
- Flexibility in decision making with strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to implement an effective daily time management routine.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Customer service driven; responsive to client issues and concerns.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Good speaking and listening skills.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Employees are expected to carry out all reasonable requests by managers/supervisors, which the employee is capable of performing.
- Maintain equipment and supplies to avoid waste, damage to areas and equipment, and to prevent accidents.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee and company information.