The User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Specialist will create, execute and monitor the UAT plan for business testing related to all technology changes affecting Operations. The UAT Specialist is responsible to ensure that all business requirements are satisfied by the delivered technical solution and that the business requirements support the business process. This position is part of the Business Architecture Team and facilitates the optimization of business unit performance by enhancing the alignment between business processes, business capabilities and technical capabilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for working with members of the Business Architecture team, Information Technology, and business process users
- Collaborate with IT Business Analyst to create User Acceptance Testing plan.
- Participate in project meetings as necessary, providing status and reporting on UAT results.
- Drive UAT completion to specified dates or timelines
- Possess knowledge and experience leveraging both business and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes
- Train business users participating in UAT
- Desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Ability to perform tasks and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Represent Stonegate Mortgage Corporation in a professional manner by dressing professionally daily while in the office or when attending events.
- Practice Stonegate Mortgage Corporation Core Values:
- We are accountable for results and we deliver.
- We act with integrity and show respect.
- We are passionate about our business.
- We are accessible.
- We adapt to and create change in pursuit of our success.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor of Science preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in mortgage industry, with 2 years in a technical support position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must demonstrate expertise in Quality Assurance principles and UAT strategy planning and execution.
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Visio.
- Ability to make independent decisions using sound judgment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be exceptionally responsive to client issues and concerns.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Good speaking and listening skills.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Employees are expected to carry out all reasonable requests by managers/supervisors, which the employee is capable of performing.
- Maintain equipment and supplies to avoid waste, damage to areas and equipment, and to prevent accidents.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee and company information.