We are looking for an outstanding Asset Administrator with previous experience working with highly-available production environments (e.g., we're running at 99.999%) that can support large-scale customers in the cloud (e.g., we have multiple Fortune 5 customers). This is currently considered a 6-12 month contract.
- Create documents to track purchases being made to support Operations.
- Obtain quotes from vendors. Compare quotes to requirements. Communicate with "owner".
- Work with "owner" to create budget for project
- Verification from "owner" about proper items on quote, re-quoting if necessary.
- Decide if in set budget, if funds are available in budget, or if special approval is needed from finance. Work with manager to get approvals
- Create or update ticketing as to why PO was placed
- Enter quotes/order into purchasing system, properly identifying and noting budget line items that are approved, and those that are not in budget.
- Work through purchasing approvals process, contacting next in line to approve about what the req is for, in/out of budget
- Once PO is generated, "print" PO, place order with vendor and follow up for order confirmation.
- Update tickets with confirmation and owners.
- Notify Receiving and Data Center Operations of pending delivery, provide any tracking information, update tickets with tracking.
- Communicate with Data Center Operations on current consumables inventory. Order as needed, working with vendors to have items drop ship if possible.
- Work with Receiving to confirm receipt of all items ordered.
- Communicate with Receiving to ensure that items ordered get to the proper owners (after asset tagging) including having Receiving reship items to various Data Centers if necessary.
- Communicate with Data Center Operations for placement of assets, including receipt of items shipped to the data center.
- Update tickets and inventory data base with all necessary information needed to correctly locate and identify assets.
- Reconcile orders against budget.
- Clean up/update inventory system for assets, coordinate with Data Center Operations to make sure information is correct.
- Due to the nature of the role a US citizenship required.
- 5+ years experience working within asset management and purchasing systems.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet tools and models.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with industry-standard operational practices such as asset management and purchasing systems.
- Ability to make decisions and work under time pressure,
- Challenged by a team-based environment which places high degree of emphasis on accountability for customer service level, asset management, cost reduction and quality.
- Background in vendor management and supplier metrics is preferred
Proofpoint, Inc. helps the largest and most successful companies in the world protect and govern their most sensitive data. Founded in 2002 by the former CTO of Netscape and headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Proofpoint was funded by top Silicon Valley investors, including Benchmark Capital and Mohr Davidow Ventures before going public in 2012.
Please note that Proofpoint does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Proofpoint will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Proofpoint explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.