Lifespace Communities, Inc headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, is the sixth largest independent living provider and seventh largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities in the United States. Originally formed as Life Care Retirement Communities, Inc., in 1976, the organization owns and manages a network of 12 Life Care communities in Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska and Pennsylvania. In 2009, the organization changed its name to Lifespace Communities to better reflect the total experience of senior living. The organization has annual revenue of over $200 million and employs over 2,500 colleagues.
Through more than 30 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents.
The Lifespace communities are as follows:
Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, FL
Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, FL
Beacon Hill - Lombard, IL
Claridge Court - Prairie Village, KS
Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, IA
Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, MN
Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, PA
Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, NE
Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, FL
Oak Trace - Downers Grove, IL
The Waterford - Juno Beach, FL
Village On The Green - Longwood, FL
Deerfield Retirement Community Inc., a Top Workplace in Iowa, is located in Urbandale Iowa on 46 beautiful acres. We offer excellent benefits and incentives for full and part time colleagues.
Nurses (LPN's & RN's)
The Staff Nurse is responsible for hands on resident care, proper and timely administration of medications and treatments, accurate verbal and written reports. Responsible for demonstrating understanding, patience, tact and courtesy in dealing with employees, residents, residents’ family and visitors. Ability to supervise staff and maintain good working relationships with staff. Nurses report to the Director of Nursing.
- Performs professional nursing services which includes but is not limited to resident assessments, recording vital signs, administering medications, enemas, catheterization, suctioning, intravenous fluids, sterile technique dressings, set-up and administration of oxygen, physical and emotional caring techniques.
- Performs restorative and rehabilitative nursing for residents by communicating the instructing in activities of daily living or other self-help techniques as outlined in the resident care plan.
- Assign duties, train and gives support to the CNA’s. Supervises their performance and delegates properly.
- Communicates with resident, family, friends, Health Center staff, pharmacy and others as necessary on resident needs and concerns in a professional manner
- Responds with both verbal and physical communication in an endeavor to meet all emotional, physical, social and spiritual needs of residents and families
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing and posses a current nursing license to practice nursing in the state of Iowa.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English. .
- Geriatric nursing background preferred.
- Must be able to work and make appropriate decisions consistent with established policies independently without consultation
The ideal candidate will possess drive and perseverance and be committed to going “the extra mile” to achieve goals within a team-oriented, collaborative environment where our residents come first in everything we do. Ideal candidate will be a person of high ethical standards and have a personal reputation that would reflect well on the organization. Of equal importance will be a high standard of care and concern for our residents.
Compensation will consist of a competitive hourly wage. This position will also include a comprehensive benefit package as deemed eligible based on the position.
This is truly an opportunity for the right individual to accomplish significant goals within a nationally recognized organization. For the individual that derives gratification from being a part of a financially secure, mission driven, value based non-profit organization; this should be regarded as a premiere professional opportunity.
Lifespace Communities, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
A Drug Free Workplace