LVN Runner- Los Angeles
|Location:||Gerinet Healthcare - Downey, CA|
|# of Openings:||1|
Licensed Vocational Nurse Runner
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act.
• Implements current nursing practice following the patient assessment and an approved plan of care initiated by the registered nurse.
• Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care
• Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnoses and plan of care
• Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for hospice interdisciplinary group members. Examples include hospice aide, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietitian or Clinical Supervisor
• Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently
• Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patients’ response to treatment/medications
• Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in organization’s quality management program
• Participates in the on-call rotation and weekends.
• Maintain a safe and productive working environment following established protocols
• Promotes and supports a teamwork culture and environment internally and externally
• Ensure interactions remain positive and professional with all persons with whom you interact in the course of your work both internally and externally
• Other duties as assigned or determined appropriate
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
• Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program
• Three years nursing experience. Community health/hospice or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
• Currently licensed as an LPN/LVN in the State.
• Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
• Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
• Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with the state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
• Understands philosophy of hospice concept. Also understands needs of the terminally ill.
• Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
• Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
• Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
• Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
• Requires exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
• Requires driving for extended period of time
• Requires flexibility in changing patient census
• Requires patience, compassion, and the ability to work successfully with a variety of patients, families and facility and employee staff with positive results
• May require the willingness and ability to work on-call
• May require critical thinking skills and the ability to work successfully independently or in a team
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results