District Sales Manager, Western Canada
||Canada - Vancouver, BC
||Regular EE Full Time
- Region will include British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- Create demand for FLIR/Extech product line in your territory.
- Qualify sales leads by establishing good customer contact via telephone, mail, personal contact, on-site visits, trade shows etc.
- Effectively manage leads by determining how to best close sales by direct involvement or use of distributors/reps.
- Analyze customer requirements and applications and recommend appropriate equipment configurations.
- Maintain key accounts in assigned territory and grow business for all measurement products (IR cameras and T&M equipment) at these core accounts.
- Make timely visits to customer/prospects for equipment demonstrations and sales. Extensive travel throughout defined territory is required.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct trade show exhibits, seminars, webinars and Distributor training and support. Responsibilities may include assistance at trade shows and / or seminars outside of assigned geographic territory.
- Increase existing rental business and develop new rental business with new accounts in assigned territory.
- Maintain and update the sales information data base with customer contact information, application information and include product forecast information on all accounts.
- Actively solicit training business from all camera customers.
- Assist with training, mentoring, and motivating all authorized sales personnel (reps/distributors) within your territory.
- Assist with sales management duties including:
- Participating in Managers meetings via phone and/or in person
- Provide direct input to make our sales teams and marketing team even more successful.
- Assist in the development of sales tools including competitive materials, PowerPoint’s, and other sales resources
- Assist in the acquisition of sales material including images, sequences, reports, etc.
- 5+ years experience managing large national or regional distributor accounts.
- Prior success in establishing new accounts.
- Extensive knowledge of Extech products and the ability to communicate the technical features and sales benefits of these products in a compelling manner.
- Familiarity with the Electrical/Industrial/HVAC/Electronics industries.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Superior negotiation and influencing skills.
- Results oriented, creative team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Work, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to multitask in a team oriented fast paced environment.
- Willing to travel up to 60% of work week and a quarterly visit to the home office.
Are you a returning applicant?
FLIR Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by national, federal, state or local law.
|Back to Search Results