- The Outage Planner reports directly to the Outage Scheduler and is responsible for the outage planning system that conforms to company standards and world class best practices as part of an integrated operation, maintenance and reliability team.
- This position coordinates with other departments to ensure common purpose and direction regarding outage activities within the facility.
- The position is responsible for managing all outage planning activities and for monitoring and analyzing maintenance reports, work orders and history to optimize effective and efficient procedures and planning.
- The position is responsible for maintaining all plans and procedures as well as all other documentation necessary for safe and proper performance of outage activities.
Possess a general understanding of all facets of LNG (or other cryogenic hydrocarbon liquids) transportation, storage and processing including safety, environmental, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards. In-depth knowledge of CMMS systems, scheduling software, project management, plant operating procedures, equipment, maintenance protocols, governmental regulations and related technical and safety codes and standards is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. Maintain a high level of standards relating to the safe, environmentally sound, timely and cost effective scheduling of terminal outages.
2. Develop and implement long term strategies, plans, and schedules in support of continuous improvement.
3. Accountable for assuring all work is planned to comply with Cheniere’s policies and procedures.
4. Drive continuous improvement in planning outage events.
5. Develop and refine turnaround planning work processes.
6. Ensures the development and application of Oracle EAM for materials procurement.
7. Ensures standardization of job plan library development and management to ensure improved efficiency of planned outage events.
8. Provides guidance and recommendations for improving planning and scheduling procedures
9. Proven competencies in Oracle EAM, Viziya work align scheduler, and Microsoft project.
10. Works with other departments within Cheniere to ensure that an effective and efficient planning process is in place and utilized by all departments.
11. Foster good working relations with all departments.
12. Develop detailed plans for each terminal outage task.
13. Develop a detailed bill of material is developed for each asset within facility.
14. Possess a comprehensive understanding of the sequencing and prioritizing of task associated with LNG terminal outages.
15. Ensure delivery of accurate, resource and support equipment loaded plans and reports to all departments within Cheniere LNG terminal.
16. Develop work packages for terminal outage task to be completed by contractors.
17. Procure material for outage events.
18. Participates and aids in the development of Department budgets, tracking and expense monitoring.
19. Aids in the development of Department KPI's
20. Ensure parts, materials, & consumables have arrived and staged for terminal outages.
21. Communicate with and coordinate company activities with federal, state and local agencies and outside organizations such as the United States Coast Guard, Department of Transportation Office and Pipeline Safety and local law enforcement.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
1. Education and Certifications: Relevant technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
2. Experience: Minimum of 2 years preventative maintenance and outage planning/scheduling or project management.
a. Exceptional leadership and administrative abilities are required.
b. An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
c. Effective communicator at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, and governmental agencies.
d. Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
e. Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
f. Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
g. Computer savvy, including Oracle eAM, Viziya Work Align Scheduler, Primavera and Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
4. Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.