The Procurement Specialist will report to the Director, Procurement Systems and will perform activities relating to strategic purchases and contracting required by Cheniere Energy (Home Office, Terminals, Pipelines, etc.).
Understands and is able to procure complex materials and services used in the construction, maintenance and operation of LNG terminals, gas pipelines, and other facilities. Must possess in-depth knowledge of Uniform Commercial Codes, bid evaluation and award process, standard terms and conditions of contracts for goods and services, warranties, indemnities and insurance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Procure materials and services needed for construction, operation and maintenance of LNG terminals, pipelines and other facilities.
- Research, negotiate and establish contracts with qualified vendors in order to secure quality equipment on time and at optimum costs savings for Cheniere Energy.
- Coordinate and expedite delivery dates for material with field locations and vendors.
- Implement transaction reduction programs to optimize resources and build efficiencies into the procurement process.
- Recommend and qualify new vendors.
- Establish process to evaluate / award bids from vendors and analyze cost versus approved budgets and estimates.
- Manage supplier bases to ensure supply of materials, equipment and services in order to meet current and future schedule needs.
- Develop and establish effective negotiating strategies.
- Develop and establish supplier development strategies in order to promote supply advantage.
- Develop metrics and controls to manage and monitor vendor relationships.
- Prepare Requests for Proposals (RFP) and coordinate the bidding process through contract award.
- Work with accounting to resolve invoice and purchase order variances.
- Work closely with Project Teams to ensure project deliverables are met, and effectively interface with legal, accounting and risk management as well as vendors and contractors externally.
- Manages overall customs compliance procedures and best practices related to entry and release of materials and tax advantages.
- Manage purchases of major equipment, supplies, and services that are ordered on Cheniere paper as agent for Cheniere and processed through the company Oracle automated system.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
- Education and Certifications: A Bachelors degree in Business or a related area is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 10+ years in accepted procurement principles and processes, preferably with a background in the LNG or oil and gas industry. Must have experience in developing Request for Quotations and bid evaluations for large capital equipment. Experience in logistics, traffic and shipping; both international and domestic.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to effectively interface with project teams, engineering, legal, accounting, and risk management internally as well as Vendors & EPC contractors externally.
- Desired experience in warehousing, inventory management, and CCMS.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the inventory process and general accounting principles relating to cost, schedules, and vendor payments.
- Computer skills including Oracle Purchasing, Oracle Payables, Oracle Inventory, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat Professional), SharePoint, and Documentum.