To provide the highest quality of childcare in a safe and comfortable atmosphere. This includes customer service to both children and parents/guardians.
Reports to / Supervision Received:
Kids Korner Manager
- Greet all children and parents as they arrive in Kids Korner.
- Make children and parents as comfortable as possible with entering and leaving their children at Kids Korner.
- Provide consistent and prompt supervision and care for children.
- Feed approved snacks to children if needed.
- Follow the procedures and policies established for the department and the company.
- Answer phones as needed.
- Ensure that scheduling of children in Kids Korner complies with the state mandated guidelines. If overbooking occurs, contact parents immediately to reschedule.
- Ensure proper billing of all parents who elect the hourly fee schedule for their children.
- Regularly clean and sanitize toys, surfaces, and utensils to help prevent the spread of any illnesses.
- Change diapers and assist children with the bathroom.
- Work with Kids Korner teammates to ensure that all children are properly supervised.
- Ensure that different aged children are playing in approved, sectioned off areas.
- Organize and create new games and activities for children’s enjoyment.
- On occasion, contact parents if an issue with their child occurs.
- Communicate with Kids Korner Manager if any issues arise with scheduling or children to ensure proper communication with parents.
- Regularly participate in children’s events that include; monthly movies nights and summer & winter camps.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
- ECE units preferred.
- Child development and/or Liberal Studies units preferred but not required.
- Must have valid CPR certification (infant, child & adult) or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
Minimum Experience required:
- Previous childcare, child development, or preschool experience is required.
- Previous customer service experience is required.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to communicate on a child’s level.
- Ability to communicate to parents about important issues related to their child.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to take direction from Supervisor.
- Ability to teach new and educational material in an age-appropriate manner.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- All candidates will be subject to passing a pre-employment drug screen.