To provide the highest quality Summer Camp in a safe, educational, and comfortable atmosphere. This includes customer service to both children and parents/guardians.
Reports to / Supervision Received:
Kids Korner Manager
Youth & Family Program Manager
- Properly greet all children and parents/guardians as they arrive to Kids Korner Summer Camp.
- Provide customer service and professionalism with all the members and guests at Arden Hills.
- Make children and parents/guardians as comfortable as possible with entering and leaving their children at Kids Korner Summer Camp.
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding a child’s behavior, challenges and successes in the Kids Korner Summer Camp.
- Demonstrate experience working with children.
- Teach and lead various recreational and educational activities.
- Communicate and work with a variety of age and skill levels.
- Work in a cooperative, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Provide enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control with the children at camp.
- Communicate with Youth and Family Program Manager and Kids Korner Manager regarding concerns, updates and challenges that may arise.
- Take primary responsibility for the health, well-being and happiness of all campers.
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for group problem solving.
- Provide opportunities for the group so that each individual experiences success while at camp.
- Set a good example for campers in all areas, including cleanliness, punctuality, safety, rules and good sportsmanship.
- Supervise, assist instructors and actively participate in all aspects of the campers’ day.
- Assist children with the bathroom as needed.
- Answer phones and take proper reservations as needed.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- ECE units preferred but not required.
- Previous customer service and/or child care experience is required.
- Must have valid CPR certification (infant, child & adult) or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
Minimum Experience required:
- 1 year of previous customer service experience, preschool/teaching or summer camp experience is preferred.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to communicate on a child’s level.
- Ability to communicate to parents about important issues related to their child.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to take direction from Supervisor.
- Ability to teach new and educational material in an age-appropriate manner.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- All candidates will be subject to passing a pre-employment drug screen.