Are you a returning applicant?
Talisker on Main Sous Chef
|Days Needed to Work:||Varied|
|Shift Needed to Work:||Day|
Talisker on Main
Talisker on Main voted best restaurant in Utah two years in a row by Salt Lake City Magazine is currently looking for a Sous Chef. Ideal candidates will have at least 5 years experience in a fine dining restaurant as well as a passion for great food, excellent service, and a commitment to uncompromising quality.
If you're ready to be part of something big, believe you can make a difference for our guests, then the Sous Chef position might be right for you.
The responsibilities of our Sous Chef entail …
Povide assistance to the executive chef to create the utmost dining experience to each and every guest.
· Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times.
· Maintain all procedures set up by chef in all areas even when the chef is not on the premises.
· Clean and/or organize walk in refrigerators and freezers.
· Learn all menus and be able to execute them.
· Assist chef in training of all employees.
· Set up and execute sanitation schedule assisting chef in creating a clean working environment.
· Supplying chef with Sous Chef report on Chef’s days off.
· Learn computer system; purchasing guides, recipe log, chef’s daily log and notes.
· Assist in month end inventories, physical and invoice updating.
· Weekly purchasing inventories properly filled out and passed in.
· Receive food and properly store in correct and allotted areas.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervised by Chef de Cuisine and assist Chef de Cuisine in the supervision of all kitchen staff.
If you’re the something different we’re looking for, keep reading:
· About Our Work/Life Balance – Our benefit plan is the biggest in Utah and the third largest in North America covering 4000 acres of terrain and rising to nearly 10,000 feet. You work hard, so why not play hard? Our ski/ride privileges are some of the best in the business, and we believe you should never ski/ride alone. We present you with passes for your family, ski & snowboard buddy, and several day passes for your friends.
· About our Learning and Professional Development - As Canyons grows so will you. If you're career minded, you'll find careers paths that don't require relocating every year or so. Our senior team meets regularly to identify those who excel. These individuals work with a career coach to guide development, keep them challenged and growing.
Being different can make a difference. Please apply online if you have the following qualifications:
· Associates degree in culinary arts plus 5 years, of relevant professional cooking experience in hotel and/or Conference facilities, including management experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
· Broad and in-depth professional knowledge and skills in food preparation, cooking and presentation; good knife skills and knowledge of food and its characteristics, especially its shelf life.
· Ability to motivate others and lead people in the area of correct procedures and follow through.
· Ability to deal effectively with a variety of company personnel and outside vendors.
· Good personal hygiene.
|Back to Search Results