Closing Manager leads Team Members to provide our online customers and in-store guests with an extraordinary experience that meets or exceeds Specialty’s service standards and objectives.
- Function as a “Brand Ambassador”, delivering the Specialty’s Extraordinary Experience to every guest and acting as an example for Team Members to model themselves after.
- Operate the restaurant to Specialty’s Café & Bakery standards for Food Quality, Guest Service, and Cleanliness & Organization at all times.
- Close the store, leading Front and Back-of-House teams as the sole manager on site.
- Actively coach team to improve performance, and conduct quarterly 1-on-1 reviews with support from the General Manager. Celebrate successes with Team Members and create individual action plans when necessary.
- Utilize strong organizational and cash management skills to ensure accurate handling of store funds. Duties include managing safe funds, balancing cash drawers, creating deposits, and troubleshooting cash handling errors.
- Work as part of the Store Management Team to ensure the success of company and region wide roll-outs and initiatives, as well as ongoing adherence to company policies & procedures.
- Regulate breaks and meal periods in accordance with state and federal labor laws.
- Perform additional projects/duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Requirements & Education:
- Read, write and communicate effectively in English with all levels of the organization
- Physical requirements:
- Be physically able to work an eight (8) hour day or more while on your feet
- Climbing, reaching, walking, sitting, grasping, repetitive motions, visual acuity, hearing and a great deal of smiling
- Able to bend and lift up to 50 lbs
- Work standing up for sustained periods of up to 4 hours
- Food Handlers Certificate
- 1-2 years of restaurant supervisory experience or 90 days in position within Specialty’s Café & Bakery as a Catering Manager
Specialty’s Café & Bakery is an equal opportunity employer and offers an environment which treats all of our employees with mutual trust and respect. We encourage open and honest communication and recognize creativity.