|Specialty’s Café & Bakery offers the quality of hand-made food with ultra-convenient online ordering that has won the hearts of busy professionals, meeting organizers, event planners and property managers. A family-run business, with over 45 US cafés, Specialty’s offers a relaxed dining environment that allows customers to remain connected to the digital world as they wish with free Wi-Fi, abundant power outlets.
Customers also love the ease and convenience of online ordering at Specialtys.com – leaving them with ample time to enjoy the food and ambiance. As part of its commitment to leveraging technology to improve convenience, Specialty’s provides a wide range of ordering tools on its website, www.specialtys.com. Users may create and save their own list of menu “favorites,” order and purchase items online for pickup at the café, submit business catering orders, and even track which famous Specialty’s cookies are hot out of the oven with their “Cookie Radar.” The in-store iPads also allow customers of specialtys.com to access their stored favorites and earn Baker’s Dozen Rewards with in-store purchases.
We are currently looking to hire an experienced, energetic, team-oriented General Manager for one of our Seattle locations.
First, check out these amazing benefits:
1. Our busiest times are breakfast and lunch- no late nights!
2. Fantastic growth opportunities- we love to promote from within.
3. Excellent starting salary plus an UNCAPPED QUARTERLY bonus program (And we are not joking- our GMs DO take home a handsome amount of bonus every 3 months).
4. A hands-on, extensive 12-week training program.
5. Company-subsidized medical and vision insurance, 100% company-paid dental, free life insurance and free long-term disability insurance.
6. Two weeks of vacation plus time off for major holidays every year.
7. Free membership to credit union
8. And, most importantly, you will work in a family-like environment where your contribution is truly valued.
The Essential Functions of a Specialty’s GM:
• Operate the restaurant to Specialty’s Café & Bakery standards at all times
- Food Quality Standards
- Cleanliness & Organization Standards
- Service Standards
• Train and continue to develop Managers and Team Members
• Maintain balanced teams and communicate hiring needs to HR Recruiter
• Validate all Team Member training
• Perform coaching by conducting two quarterly 1on1s with all Managers
• Ensure recognition programs are effective in the café
• Create a positive, teamwork environment by promoting high morale and encouraging full Team involvement
• Ensure that Company Policy & Procedures are understood and followed through Performance Coaching & Follow Up
• Manage and attain all sales and financial targets for food, labor, and controllable costs
• Ensure Experience Evaluation audit standards are met
• Engage in direct communications with the Regional Manager and Home Office Departments
• Operate within the guidelines of our Company values
• Read, write and communicate effectively in English with all levels of the organization
• Physical requirements:
- Be physically able to work a ten (10) hour day or more while on your feet
- Climbing, reaching, walking, sitting, grasping, repetitive motions, visual acuity, hearing, and a great deal of smiling
- Able to bend and lift up to 50 lbs
- Work standing up for sustained periods of up to 4 hours
- Represent the Brand by maintaining a professional appearance
• Previous restaurant experience of at least 2 years at the GM Level or 90 days in position within Specialty’s Café & Bakery as a Kitchen Manager
• Intermittent travel - estimated at 30 business days a year
• Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Specialty’s Café & Bakery is an equal opportunity employer and offers an environment which treats all of our employees with mutual trust and respect. We encourage open and honest communication and recognize creativity.