This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of industrial washers, dryers, boilers, compressors, conveyors, and other equipment; performs related work as assigned. Diagnoses, rebuilds and repairs equipment, performs inspections and preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a maintenance technician or equivalent.
- Must possess a variety of experience and in depth knowledge in areas such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, Industrial Controls, PLC ladder logic, plumbing, HVAC, welding, and metal processing equipment.
- Strong mechanical knowledge of pumps, valves, gears, bearings, lubricants, etc.
- Knowledge and ability to read blue prints
- Minimum of two years of technical school or certified training related to above experience requirements can supplement above.
- Proven ability to aggressively meet goals and/or objectives.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work any shift and long hours.
- Required to troubleshoot, install minor equipment, analyze and repair complex mechanical and electrical faults, including compressed air operated machines, and hydraulic and pneumatic equipment with very little help.
- Able to read blueprints and electrical/electronic schematics with little direct supervision.
- Perform all preventive maintenance tasks.
- Perform minor fine-tuning of laundry systems.
- Perform major project work.
- Able and willing to aid chief engineer in completing all tasks.
- Has detailed knowledge of equipment operation
Excellent attendance Ability to work any shift, weekends, and long hours
- Able to physically walk, crawl, climb ladders, lift up to 50lbs, bend and squat to perform normal maintenance work.
- High school diploma – 2 years of skilled trade school or maintenance vocational schooling.
- 3 years experience as a Maintenance Technician in a similar sized facility in an engineering or maintenance discipline.
- Mechanic experience with high volume laundry equipment.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with the ability to keep laundry equipment running at optimal level.
- Ability to read, comprehend and transmit complicated detailed instructions in writing and orally.
- Reads and understands blueprints and schematics.
- Trade skills in one or more: welding, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, instrumentation, boilers.
- Prior Laundry experience is preferred but not a must.