At Pixar, we work side by side to turn ideas into reality. Our employees come up with original, heart-warming stories and characters; and help the studio to run efficiently and effectively, making Pixar the incredible, award-winning place that it is. Come see what we have to offer!
We are looking for the right Café Host to join the Culinary Team at Pixar Animation Studios as our On Call Host. Are you gracious, hard working, quick to learn names, fun to work with, good with details, experienced in serving high quality food and crafting great coffee, and enjoy being part of a close-knit work community?
We are a high volume, very high food quality Culinary Team, feeding a creative group of employees who love good food. You are flexible, friendly, and a cheerful addition to our productive team. Café or restaurant food service experience is required, customer service skills are a must, and catering experience is a plus.
• Be a cheerful and genuinely hospitable person!
• Be available Monday through Friday, 7:30AM to 4:30PM
• Take food orders from customers (Pixar employees, visiting guests), enter them in the point-of-sale system, and accurately handle cash or credit card transactions for the order
• Prepare coffee-based and other beverages on request (we will train you); serve prepared pastries and other food items
• Clean and maintain the beverage area, display cases, equipment, and order transaction area
• Clean and maintain the dining room area, counters, equipment, and supplies.
• Follow Café guidelines concerning guest services and satisfaction, food and physical safety, maintenance and equipment/space cleaning requirements at all times
• High quality food experience a must
• Must have a strong customer service background: positive, upbeat, warm, friendly demeanor
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests
• Demonstrated excellence in guest service skills: reliable, consistent and courteous
• Previous experience with handling cash, cash registers, and point-of-sale systems
• Previous experience with Catering and Events a plus
• General knowledge of common computer software and Web browsers sufficient to view and use internal company information
• Verbal communication, including speech and response to spoken questions
• Able to work in continuously-standing position for four or more hours
• Frequent bending, stooping, pushing, and lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
• Able to work with hands continuously: typing, using tongs, wiping, pouring, making change
Pixar is an equal opportunity employer.