LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics is a rapidly growing, Vancouver-based retailer and manufacturer known worldwide for our unique bath and beauty products, amazing skin and hair care, genuine customer service, and environmental activism and a fun & funky store atmosphere. We are dedicated to the practices of fair trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organizations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
LUSH North America employs 3,500+ staff supporting 200 retail stores in Canada and the USA, an online business based in Vancouver, and manufacturing centers in Vancouver and Toronto. We are looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join our team as an Instructional designer and Trainer.
The Instructional Designer and Trainer’s role is to research, design and deliver training focused on developing skills in our employees which will enable teams to meet their department goals.
- A fun and creative work atmosphere where individualism is encouraged
- 50% off all our products so that you feel fresh everyday
- Opportunity to implement ideas in an environment that encourages change
- Ability to shape and grow our team of dynamic and passionate leaders
Your core RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
Designing training modules and effectively training Head office, Manufacturing and Retail teams.
- Design a variety of training modules focusing on personal development
- Research content and keep updated with industry research in Learning and development
- Deliver training in ways that the participant will be able to apply and practise the learning to their everyday role
- Assess and review effectiveness of training workshops
- Track participants attending sessions
- Work with the development team to plan the training calendar
- Develop training materials
As a member of the Development team you will:
- Work as a team to design and deliver training workshops of high caliber
- Adapt training modules to different skill levels and audiences
- Collaborate with internal Subject Matter Experts and support them with the design and delivery of a subject
- Source and manage relationships with external Subject Matter Experts
- Align your messages with the Goals of the business
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
- Build constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Adapt to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities quickly and positively
- Demonstrate a passion for life-long learning
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of proven experience in developing, planning, delivering and assessing training.
- Knowledge of education theory including adult learning principles
- Excellent communication skills and editing for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development
- Excellent coordination and organization skills.
- Effective and engaging presentation skills
- Experience using computer based tools in the development and delivery of learning such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and a healthy sense of humor are essential to the role.
- CPLP or other learning/training certification a plus
- MBTI or DISC certified
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in the retail and/or manufacturing industry in both the USA and Canada
- History of community or charitable involvement or activism in humanitarian, animal welfare or environmental protection
How to Apply:
Please apply online: http://lush.ca/careers under Head Office Opportunities. Please include a cover letter with your application.
Thanks for your interest in LUSH! Due to the high volume of applicants, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Best of luck in your job search!