Job Title: Seasonal Production/Warehouse Assistant
Reports to: Manager/MIT/Floor Supervisor
Communicates Daily: Floor Supervisor, Machine Operator, Team Leader, Compounders
Summary of Position:
LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics is a rapidly growing, Vancouver-based retailer and manufacturer known worldwide for our unique bath and beauty products, amazing skin and hair care, personalized customer service, and environmental activism and a fun & funky store atmosphere. We are dedicated to the practices of fair trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organizations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
LUSH North America supports 195+ retail stores in Canada and the USA, a mail order business based in Vancouver, and manufacturing centers in Vancouver and Toronto. We are looking for dynamic, creative and hardworking individuals to join our Toronto Manufacturing Team as a Seasonal Production/Warehouse Assistant. In this position, you will assist with the timely production and shipping of packaged and naked LUSH products.
LUSH TORONTO MANUFACTURING HIRING FAIR!
WHEN: Wednesday July 23rd OR Friday August 8th
TIME: Be there at 12:00pm SHARP (Fair will run until 4:00p)
WHERE: 35 Jutland Rd. Etobicoke, Ontario. M8Z 2G6.
RSVP: Please RSVP to TorontoHR@lush.com with the date you will be attending
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the compounders in the daily production requirements of the department.
- Performs packing, pouring, pressing, unmoulding and labeling duties as needed.
- Set-up and staging of materials, moulds, and equipment needed for production purposes.
- Is aware of and works to reduce scrap and production variance.
- Picks store orders accurately and efficiently.
- Receives and stocks finished goods in an orderly manner that is up to our company standards.
- Displays reliability and punctuality.
- Ensures that only quality product shipped out and is up to our company standards.
- Prepares skids and accompanying paperwork for shipping.
- Acts as a Lush Brand Ambassador.
- Performs general cleaning and washing duties as needed (dishes, floors, tables, small equipment, etc.).
- Practices safe work and identifies unsafe situations to the appropriate individuals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize multiple tasks at the same time and establish priorities (multi-tasking).
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to remain motivated and engaged in the work.
- Ability to work well within a team environment (team-oriented).
- Ability to take direction from multiple people.
- Knowledge of our core values and ethics as an organization.
- Knowledge of the department specific product line.
- Knowledge of basic units of measure.
- Skill in operating equipment, such as computer software, small tools and scales.
- Skill in oral and written communication