To support and assist in all areas related to the Tax Section of Finance, including tax preparations, account reconciliations, journal entries, budget preparation, account code reviews, and account analyses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to accountabilities below):
- Responsible for the preparation of Federal & State income/franchise tax returns including information return Forms 5472
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly Federal & State tax provision, maintenance of tax provision workpapers, and preparation of quarterly tax journal entries
- Responsible for the preparation of Federal & State tax workpapers including State apportionment schedules and depreciation reports
- Preparation of annual tax credit reports/documentation
- Administration of OneSource tax software
- Provide support on Federal & State tax audits
- Assist with various tax projects
- Conduct Federal/State tax research as needed
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and year-end depreciation expense reports using SAGE Premiere Depreciation
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Competencies):
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related field along with two (2) to five (5) years of progressive tax experience in a manufacturing environment preferably within the automotive industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong tax technical research skills and the ability to apply results to tax returns and projects
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally as well as in writing) with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in both exercising company decisions and carrying out essential job duties that affect efficient business operations and its objectives, policies, practices, and conditions.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Experience working with MS Office, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Prior experience using OneSource tax software or a similar program
- Experience using SAGE/FAS Premier Depreciation or similar program
- Knowledge of US GAAP with emphasis on ASC 740/FAS109