To assist KMMG in recognizing, evaluating and controlling chemical, noise, and other work environment hazards that may cause serious injury/illness to team members during the course of their work-related activities. This position will provide a technical resource in meeting the requirements of OSHA regulatory affairs and acting as a liaison with said regulatory agency and assisting with legal and workman’s compensation claims.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include but are not limited to below:
- Implement and maintain Global Harmonization System (GHS) compliance.
- Review and approve, as appropriate, all chemical requisition, utilization, and process controls to minimize team members’ exposure levels of concern.
- Health and Safety Program development, implementation, and maintenance of OSHA required programs to include but not limited to; respiratory protection, confined space, hearing conservation, hazard communication, laser safety, air quality monitoring and personal protective equipment specification.
- Act as a technical resource for legal representation during workers’ compensation claims.
- Act as a liaison for the company during interaction with OSHA regulatory affairs.
- Develop and conduct training activities for team members in OSHA required Health and Safety topics.
- Assist Medical with identifying occupational illnesses/injuries that may arise from chemical exposure.
- Maintain documentation as required by OSHA in regard to:Hazard Communication material data safety information (30 year minimum)
- Air sampling results of area and team member exposure to chemical and physical agents (30 year minimum)
- Ventilation measurements of HVAC systems as required assuring OSHA compliance
- Calibration records of air monitoring equipment.
- Must be able to perform, with all required personal protective equipment, in various roles on emergency response teams including first responder, technician, safety officer, and incident commander.
- Must be able to work any shift in all shops.
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty and are not intended to list or limit the duties that may be required or assigned to a team member in this classification.
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Competencies):
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Hygiene or Safety, along with two (2) to five (5) years of Industrial Hygiene and/or Safety experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in both exercising company decisions and carrying out essential job duties that affect efficient business operations and its objectives, policies, practices, and conditions.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Industrial Hygiene certification by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene or the ability to become certified
- Emergency response and Incident Commander training