SENIOR A/P COORDINATOR - POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Fragomen is the largest law firm in the world dedicated to corporate immigration, and is recognized as the leading global immigration services provider. For over 60 years, Fragomen has served the immigration needs of clients ranging from individuals to the world’s leading multinational corporations. We have 44 offices in 18 countries worldwide, supported by more than 2,100 immigration professionals and staff--including more than 300 attorneys, solicitors, or comparable immigration professionals. These resources allow us to provide strategic and effective immigration solutions in over 170 countries around the globe.
Fragomen's Corporate Accounting and Finance Department seeks to employ a Senior Accounts Payable Coordinator with 5-7 years experience in Accounts Payable .
- Enter/Process vendor invoices and employee travel and entertainment expense reports for designated office locations. Code documents to the correct office and general ledger account code.
- Audit supporting documents to ensure proper approvals, G/L account coding, and payment support is included before disbursing cash.
- Adheres to the implementation and administration of the organization’s policies and procedures related to Accounts Payable, Travel & Entertainment expense report processing, and disbursing of cash.
- Working with the Assistant Controller and the A/P Supervisor helps to facilitate improvement of workflow and processes for the A/P team to improve accuracy, quicken turnaround time, reduce paper, and add value for internal customers.
- Acts as the team coordinator to ensure all A/P payment batches presented for integration and upload into Great Plains are reconciled for accurate/complete posting.
- Research and respond to inquiries (internal & external) regarding invoice/check status, as well as, inquiries that require additional explanation or copies of supporting documentation.
- Analyze and resolve problems related to the payment process.
- Maintain an accurate filing system of all processed documents for current/prior years.
- Ensure files are organized and processed documentation is filed in a timely manner.
- Focuses on customer service. Seeks next level of management guidance, when appropriate, to provide thoughtful and complete response to internal customers.
- Responds timely and effectively to requests and knows when to escalate.
- Communicates both verbally and in writing clearly and accurately and, adheres to confidentiality and privacy guidelines.
- Provides a high level of customer service ensuring customer satisfaction while maintaining a positive attitude.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS or BA Degree preferred
- 5 to 7+ years of A/P experience with a Law Firm, Professional Services Firm, or a related company environment.
- Experience in accounting systems or a related field is desirable.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Using Excel to sort, filter, or analyze data is preferred.
- Experience managing a high volume A/P document processing volume environment
- Experience working with Travel & Entertainment expense reports and auditing reports for compliance with the organization’s Travel Policy is required.
- Experience processing documents in an EDI environment would be favorable.
- Exposure to workflow standards and performance metric targets is desirable.
- Exposure to Great Plains Smart List functionality is desirable.
- Experience with Great Plains and Microsoft Dynamics is highly desirable and preferred.