Recognized as one of the "Fastest growing, most innovative developers of Home Appliances in the World," Euro-Pro is a pioneer in innovative cleaning solutions and small household appliances sold under the familiar brands Shark® and Ninja®. We provide the latest in easy-to-use technology with a growing line of products that consists of corded and cordless vacuums, steam mops and cleaners, irons and garment steamers, and a variety of small kitchen appliances. It is our mission to create and deliver high quality; reliable "5 Star" rated products.
Euro-Pro offers a fun and fast-paced work environment with passionate and motivated people who have a drive to learn, innovate and succeed. We are committed to putting the consumer first, with the vision of positively impacting every consumer every day and every way. Euro-Pro is experiencing tremendous growth due to our commitment to the consumer and to innovation, and we have been names one of Inc. Magazines "fastest growing private companies with over 30% growth every year for the last 6 years." How do we do it? We make products that deeply connect to marketing and consumers, backed up by a commitment to quality and to building an exceptional brand. What does that mean to you? 90% of your projects will get to market, and even more importantly, will positively impact millions of consumer's lives, every day. In fact, company revenues have increased from less than $300M back in 2007 to over $1Billion today!
Summary of Position:
The Quality Engineer is a key technical role responsible for the validation testing from the concept phase through production, development and implementation of best practices, tracking product quality trends, and continuous product improvement.
The role is responsible for ensuring 100% quality and regulatory compliance in accordance with documented procedures for all aspects of functional responsibility.
Product/industry knowledge is a plus and specific area expertise support is often given to other departments as needed. Major challenges of this position include support of the division quality function concurrent with business growth, best business practices, introduction of new products and processes, meeting division continuous improvement goals, and achieving customer satisfaction.
- Develops process improvement plans using a variety of Quality and Continuous Process Improvement tools, including but not limited to Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, SPC, engineering studies, DOE, Gauge R&R, etc.
- Guides product development teams in compliance to quality and regulatory requirements in all phases of the product development life cycle.
- The individual must be able to drive continuous improvement of product quality, through reduction and prevention of non-conformances while defining and implementing metrics to evaluate the impact of continuous improvement initiatives on overall product quality.
- Participate in design reviews, DRMEA, safety reviews, the review of manufacturing, and test documentation to ensure that customer quality requirements are met or exceeded.
- Support suppliers in 8D responses and regular quality resolution update meetings, including writing problem investigation reports and reviewing supplier corrective actions.
- Participate in customer/supplier visits, surveys, and audits.
- Initiate plans, procedures, and/or actions to prevent/eliminate product issues and systemic quality problems.
- Determine manufacturability of products and ensure manufacturing processes and equipment have sufficient capability to meet customer quality requirements by analyzing capability studies, control charts, and other statistical data.
- Analyse customer complaints and field failures. Coordinates corrective action, follow-up and reporting.
- Develops, documents, and maintain test plans at the component and product levels.
- A strong knowledge of plastics and/or sheet-metal manufacturing, packaging, contract Far-East manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, or white goods will be helpful in this position.
- Performs a broad variety of tasks in support of product and process design as assigned by the departmental director.
- Additional tasks as assigned by management
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or technical discipline with 7+ years experience.
- Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), consumer complaints, and product improvements activities.
- Proficiency in the areas of statistical principles and applications, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, DOE, Acceptance and Sampling, process improvement/optimization, Gauge R&R measuring systems, product reliability and safety, system and product audit, product quality tools such as six sigma, Lean and DFR.
- Minimum 7 years Mechanical Engineering Experience.
At Euro-Pro, we are driven to be the best in the industry. We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference. We celebrate and reward initiative, creativity, growth, and commitment to our mission. We will provide the challenge and opportunity to apply all aspects of your experience and skills; you provide the energy, passion, and results.
Euro-Pro supports a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.
It is our goal at Euro-Pro to recruit applicants for jobs without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicap, marital status or veterans.