ERM is seeking an experienced Environmental Impact Assessment Partner in our Houston, TX office, to support and grow the international Impact Assessment & Planning practice, with a focus on multi-media permitting and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation for energy clients based primarily along the U.S. Gulf Coast for Oil & Gas clients. The ideal candidate will have established relationships with major oil and gas companies, along with technical expertise leading multi-media environmental permitting, NEPA, and large-scale capital projects.
As a partner and senior leader, you will be fully accountable for successfully selling and consulting on a range of environmental, social, and health impact assessment projects to build a sustainable business locally, while networking with ERM's global practice team to share best practices across the industry.
- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver performance results to expand Impact Assessment & Planning (IAP) practice and client base in Houston, TX. Serve as a key member of the “core” practice team to drive double-digit profitable growth across the IAP service lines (environmental impact assessment, land planning, facility siting & permitting, risk assessment and water resources management).
- As a senior “seller/doer,” contribute to business development of ERM’s global IAP practice. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business. Achieve personal sales contribution targets of $1 million per year (net value).
- Serve as Senior Technical Director for NEPA environmental assessment (EA) and environmental impact statement (EIS) projects and related activities in support of ERM clients’ capital projects (i.e., oil and gas, mining, power generation, electrical transmission, renewable energy projects). Contribute to preparing EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with NEPA, serving in roles ranging from lead technical expert to QA/QC. Achieve client’s expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Lead, manage performance, hire and retain, inspire and mentor personnel for overall success of practice team.
- Capitalize on existing ERM client relationships to expand ERM’s profile and market share in the IAP market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development). Work with other ERM resources to deepen relationships with ERM key clients and establish new client relationships that result in significant net revenue growth.
- Support the general growth and development of ERM’s international IAP practice. Collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute impact assessment projects. Participate on teams comprised of impact assessment professionals from multiple offices around the global ERM organization.
- BS/MS in environmental studies, planning, geography, civil or environmental engineering or related field; PE, CEP, AICP or similar registration desired.
- 15+ years of consulting experience with impact assessment and multi-media permitting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects over $250,000 and business portfolios over $1,000,000
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients, and book personal sales of $1,000,000 (net revenue) in new IAP consulting services.
- Solid grasp of the key impact assessment and management issues within the oil and gas, power, transmissions sectors, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices.
- Recognized technical expertise by and established reputation in the marketplace, including positive reputation with key regulators relevant to impact assessment approvals.
- Well-developed teambuilding and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting and sustainability related services. We have over 140 offices in 39 countries and territories employing more than 5,000 people. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. Over the past 5 years, we have worked for more than 50 percent of the Global Fortune 500 delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.