Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. Mission Readiness Group has a job opportunity for a Pipefitter II.
Summary: Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems. Non-supervisory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation, using hand and power tools.
- Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, and related machines and equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Three to five years work experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Condition:
- Frequent standing, sitting, walking, handling, feeling with hands, reaching with arms.
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer) and ability to see details at a distance.
- Frequently works in awkward and cramped positions. Bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Able to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways, and up and down antenna masts/yardarms (onboard ships).
- Keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position and to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects of varying sizes.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Frequently handles objects weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally handles objects weighing over 50 pounds.
- Noise conditions range from very quiet to some noise.
- Works inside areas that are usually dusty and dirty and outside, sometime in bad weather.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to current or daily job duties, if appropriate.
Epsilon Systems Solutions and its subsidiaries are proud EEO employers, M/F/D/V.