MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS -RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending forecasted at approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer will support various groups within the business unit and participate actively in the areas of trouble shooting, operational support, creating/improving efficiencies, maximizing uptime and contributing to the sustainability to the facility.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Support Maintenance and Operations, provide guidance and recommendations daily operations
• Ensure maintenance and reliability requirements have been addressed for repairs, plant changes and major equipment purchases
• Initiate, lead and provide guidance and recommendations on small plant replacement, improvement and modification projects
• Oversee small capital projects and budget preparation
• Perform inspections, generate reports and recommendations in conjunction with maintenance specialists and inspectors to ensure equipment condition assessments are completed and follow up completed
• Implement and maintain Management of Change initiatives, identify small projects and develop scope of work for execution
• Work with EPCs (Engineering, Procurement and Construction firms) in the development of all engineering deliverables
• Develop and review project design standards and specifications, equipment data sheets and plant layouts
• Ensure construction conforms to the approved construction work package plans and specifications
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with Degree in Electrical Engineering Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Working with maintenance or operations
o Working with equipment on heavy oil upgraders, large refining facilities or petrochemical plants
o Hands on electrical engineering with respect to PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) systems, business communication protocols and process control
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Electrical/Instrumentation/Controls Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Electrical-Instrumentation-and-Controls
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.