MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Thermal In Situ Oil Sands
Canadian Natural’s oil sands assets offer the professional with proven expertise an unparalleled opportunity to enhance those skills in a wide variety of projects throughout the Athabasca and Cold Lake Oil Sands areas. Your initiative as a self-starter will be maximized inside our defined growth plan strategy by utilizing leading edge CSS and SAGD technologies on long term projects to capture the value in our vast portfolio of assets. Your innovation is welcomed at Canadian Natural.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
As the Kirby SAGD Project progresses through design and construction into commissioning and start-up, we will be looking for good people to build the Kirby Operations and Maintenance team. The Kirby project is located North-East of Lac La Biche, near Conklin, AB. CNRL provides fly in fly out from various pick up locations in both Alberta and Saskatchewan (Saskatoon, North Battleford and Meadow Lake) along with camp accommodations. All salaried positions will be on a 4 on 3 of shift schedule and hourly positions will be a 7 on 7 off schedule.
The Operations Specialist will be a part of a team that is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment in the Kirby project area. During the engineering and construction phases of the project, the Operations Specialist will work closely with the engineering and construction teams to ensure that the project facilities are operable, reliable and maintainable.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Provide guidance and consistency to the full life cycle of equipment, including selection, commissioning, start up, operations, and turnaround/maintenance activities
• Ensure plant and field equipment and processes are optimized to maximize equipment capacities and minimize operating costs
• Monitor plant and equipment performance, chemical use, and energy optimization to identify opportunities for improvement
• Assist in new project design, equipment selection, spare parts requirements and construction inspections for both capital projects and operational process optimization
• Participate in team troubleshooting of equipment and processes
• Identify reliability issues and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement
• Assist with failure analysis, identify required upgrades and develop plans for implementation
• Develop procedures, standards and specifications pertaining to operations
• Work with planners and maintenance teams to plan and schedule routine repairs, PMs (Predictive Maintenance), equipment enhancements, and turnarounds based on production/steam forecasts and capital projects
• Expedite emergency high value/priority repairs when required
• Provide operational experience to the Kirby design, construction, and commissioning teams
• 1st class Power Engineering Certificate required
• Typically 10+ years of industry experience with High School or GED
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of:
o The Oil and Gas, steam generation or pulp/paper industries
o Plant processes such as mechanical vapor recompression evaporators, high pressure steam generation, oil treating, and utility systems
o SAGD experience is required, as well as control room operating experience
• A valid Class 5 driver’s licence and excellent safety record are required
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Operations roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Operations
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.