MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS -RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
Our team of Asset Integrity Engineers implements a wide variety of inspection, repair, risk assessment, and corrosion management technologies to ensure that our Asset Integrity Programs are executed with optimal effectiveness. These roles interface closely with Safety, Engineering, and Operations groups, and gain exposure to all technical elements of Asset Integrity for pipelines, pressure equipment, tanks, and structural components. There is also the opportunity for real career development and to take ownership and responsibility for your own production area.
The Asset Integrity Engineer is responsible for developing asset integrity and condition management strategies and programs ultimately resulting in increased production at the Horizon Oil Sands plant.
Contribute your systems and equipment expertise in Bitumen Production and Upgrading/ Utilities areas to:
• Prevent future corrosion
• Maximize equipment uptime
• Optimize plant shutdowns
• Extend turnaround intervals
• Work with cross functional teams to resolve asset integrity problems ensuring all activities are aligned with comprehensive reliability programs
• Achieve targets and identify asset integrity improvements for plant performance
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Lead and advise Operations on full life cycle asset integrity engineering of all plant fixed equipment. Apply long-term strategic engineering solutions to prevent corrosion and optimize production.
• Ensure the asset registry for all fixed equipment is maintained
• Communicate threats to asset integrity of fixed equipment to operations
• Implement/support risk based inspection programs to improve asset integrity
• Implement/support asset integrity condition management strategies and programs for loss containment purposes including corrosion management
• Carry out routine analysis of inspection and conditioning management programs, keeping record of asset deterioration patterns and behaviors
• Troubleshoot fixed equipment recurrent problems and apply root case analysis (RCA) practices to equipment failure investigations
• Maintain ownership of the Degradation Manuals and ensure they are up to date and accurately reflect any changes identified due to process changes, turnaround inspections or monitoring programs
• Support the management of KPMI (Key Parameters for Mechanical Integrity) Program if applicable to the Business Area
• Support the asset integrity continuous improvement program incorporating strategies, polices, codes of practice, procedures, specifications and guidelines
• Typically 5+ years of pressure equipment integrity/corrosion management engineering experience in a role supporting plant operations with Engineering Degree or an Engineering Technical Diploma
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o pressure equipment integrity/corrosion management
o supporting plant operations
o corrosion and degradation prevention strategies
o metallurgy, materials, welding and quality assurance
o Pressure Equipment Integrity programs and International standards (ASME)
o Inspection Test Plans and/or risk-based inspections
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Asset Integrity Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Asset-Integrity
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.