MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS -RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
Our team of Asset Integrity Engineers implements a wide variety of inspection, repair, risk assessment, and corrosion management technologies to ensure that our Asset Integrity Programs are executed with optimal effectiveness. These roles interface closely with Safety, Engineering, and Operations groups, and gain exposure to all technical elements of Asset Integrity for pipelines, pressure equipment, tanks, and structural components. There is also the opportunity for real career development and to take ownership and responsibility for your own production area.
The Lead Asset Integrity Engineer will supervise a diverse team of Asset Integrity Engineers to achieve plant fixed equipment integrity targets and develop risk-based strategies as well as implementing inspection and condition monitoring programs for asset integrity management.
Boost your career at a supervisory level by applying your technical expertise, problem solving, and leadership skills to:
• Provide consistent work direction and performance management to the team
• Ensure adequate staffing resources are available to provide Asset Integrity Engineering services as required by the business units
• Develop and monitor team training, budget and expense activities
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Ensure all asset integrity threats are communicated to operations
• Develop risk based inspection programs to improve asset integrity
• Focus on safety, cost containment and integrity
• Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track program performance
• Develop asset integrity conditioning monitoring strategies and programs for loss containment purposes including corrosion monitoring
• Maximize fixed equipment uptime to optimize shutdowns and extend turnaround intervals in compliance to regulatory requirements
• Identify resources to support troubleshooting of fixed equipment recurrent problems and apply root case analysis (RCA) practices to equipment failure investigations
• Support the implementation of production uptime programs including Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM)
• Lead the Degradation Manuals Program:
o Ensure adequate, consistent working documents are in place for all plants
o Ensure Asset Integrity Engineers have ownership of their Degradation Manuals
• Supervise the implementation of the KPMI (Key Parameters for Mechanical Integrity) Program if applicable for the Business Area
• Establish asset integrity continuous improvement program incorporating strategies, polices, codes of practice, procedures specifications and guidelines
• Hold all stakeholders accountable to the position that the Asset Integrity Engineers are the “owners” of the equipment through the equipment life cycle
• Typically 10+ years related industry experience with Engineering degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Corrosion or Metallurgy
• Registration with APEGA or eligibility as a Professional engineer in Alberta
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Technical work with equipment and piping integrity including materials, welding and quality assurance
o Pressure Equipment Integrity programs
o WCB and Alberta OH & S (Occupational Health and Safety) Rules and Regulations
o Visions (Asset Integrity software)
o International standards such as ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
o Budget management and team training and development
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Asset Integrity Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Asset-Integrity
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.