MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com/candidateinfo to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
Our QA team is comprised of compact multi-disciplinary teams working on challenging and varied combination both of project service and operational business. As a QA Specialist you can expect to work with a wide range of operations and project teams, contractors and manufacturers, to work outside of your specialized discipline at times and to develop new skills. Working with the Canadian Natural QA team will enable you to use your quality and technical expertise to ensure code compliant, safe, accurate and high-quality operations, maintenance and project activity.
Apply your industry experience to define, develop, review and apply Horizon Upstream Major Project QA programs. You will also continuously monitor programs and procedures while supporting the implementation and administration of project quality assurance.
• Supply your leadership and support to quality programs, engineering designs, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up
• Provide guidance and expertise in the utilization of various inspection technologies, as well as on the application of regulatory requirements, industry codes and Horizon standards.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Implement audit programs to measure quality performance of contractors and supplier
• Act as a key part of the overall Horizon QA and Project Management Team, working closely with many diverse disciplines including:
o Project managers
• Conduct compliance audits, both internally and externally, to verify conformance with the Horizon project quality requirements
• Assist in the maintenance of a database which tracks all quality records, and any other technical records as required to support reliability and integrity efforts
• solve day-to-day QA issues as they arise and report on QA issues to management
• Promote quality awareness, and continuous improvement to influence the overall success of the project
• Typically 10+ years of oil and gas Quality Assurance experience that includes supervision of contractors and a journeyman millwright certification
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Written work related documents including engineered drawings and Bill of Materials
o Audits to ISO 19011 –completion of recognized ISO 9000/10911/14001 training courses an asset
o API RP 686 and related equipment/codes
o Bulk material handling equipment installation and requirements
o Rotating equipment and piping related installation, alignment and requirements
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Quality Assurance roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Quality-Assurance
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.