MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS -RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
The Construction Coordinator- Facilities will manage the execution of projects within the Bitumen Production team at Horizon. You will develop your project management skills as you oversee projects ranging in value up to $5 million, and ensure that projects are planned, prioritized, and executed safely and incident free.
In this role, the Construction Coordinator will collaborate with all internal and external stakeholders, including business unit managers, contractors, and vendors, to ensure that all projects are completed on time and within budget.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Manage project budgets, and prepare accurate spending forecasts and cost estimates
• Participate in the identification and scoping stages of projects and act as a key member of constructability reviews
• Review Construction Work Packages and provide feedback to the designers and engineers
• Liaise with Operations and Maintenance to prioritize projects for construction
• Collaborate with Supply Management to prepare bid packages and review submissions
• Manage Contractor relationships and construction work on site by:
• Obtaining and reviewing estimates for fabrication and construction
• Selecting qualified contractors
• Developing and maintaining project schedules and execution plans
• Overseeing and auditing work to ensure a safe and productive work site
• Coordinating multiple contractors on various work fronts to ensure consistency
• Review contractor invoicing
• Align the execution timeline for projects with scheduled maintenance outages
• Procure all Owner Furnished Materials for the project
• Lead project kick-off meetings for both CNRL employees and contractors
• Participate and provide coordination, guidance and direction in the daily planning and scheduling of construction activities
• Work closely with team members to ensure that construction resources (manpower, equipment, materials) are used effectively
• Turnover completed projects to Operations and ensure that all deficiencies are documented and resolved in a timely manner
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with 5+ years experience in an operating facility and an Engineering Degree and/or Technical or Trades Certificate
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Oil Sands facilities
o Current industry construction procedures and standards
o Planning and business management software
o Coordination or supervision of large bore, above ground slurry pipelines
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Construction Management roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Construction-Management
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.