MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Thermal In Situ Oil Sands
Canadian Natural’s oil sands assets offer the professional with proven expertise an unparalleled opportunity to enhance those skills in a wide variety of projects throughout the Athabasca and Cold Lake Oil Sands areas. Your initiative as a self-starter will be maximized inside our defined growth plan strategy by utilizing leading edge CSS and SAGD technologies on long term projects to capture the value in our vast portfolio of assets. Your innovation is welcomed at Canadian Natural.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
The Project Engineer will be responsible for executing Pad and Pipeline Projects within Canadian Natural’s Thermal Operations. The role will be responsible for coordinating all project execution from engineering to commissioning for assigned projects. This role will work closely with the other members of the Project Team to ensure the overall development goals are being met.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Oversee the overall cost, quality and schedule of the assigned Pad Add and Pipeline projects from project inception through closeout
• Work closely with key internal stakeholders (i.e. Exploitation, Production, Facilities, Operations etc) to finalise the project scoping documents and project charter prior to the kick-off of the project;
• Play a key role in the selection and oversight of the Engineering/Procurement (“EP”) Company to ensure that expected project deliverables are met
• Provide routine ‘transparent’ project status reports (including: expenditure profile, cost report, critical path schedule, and highlights of key issues);
• Work closely with the commissioning coordinator to ensure that a smooth transition from construction, commissioning and Operations takes place
• Be aware of, and work according to, applicable Guidelines, Directives and Regulations with regards to the Environment, Safety, ERCB, and the Alberta Boilers Safety Association
• Apply quality Project Management practices across all assigned areas.
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with Engineering Degree
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Working in project/facilities engineering and construction. SAGD and CSS experience would be considered an asset
o Project Controls, Primavera and a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Project Management roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Project-Management
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.