MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS -RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
The Project Engineer will be instrumental in managing the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor throughout the project phases to completion. You will have the opportunity to contribute in the development of all EPC deliverables on time and on budget and ensuring that all applicable standards, specifications and regulations, specially that those related to Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are met.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Supervise and coordinate the efforts of the selected Contractor to perform EPC deliverables, ensuring that the Contractor performs diligently all his obligations under the contract (safety, quality, schedule and cost)
• Coordinate the Hazops evaluations of the project ensuring the participation of qualified personnel during the sessions (internal and external, if required), that all resulting actions are pursued and resolved, and documents updated
• During Construction phase, coordinate with the site engineering group the proper and timely review and resolution of all engineering and technical issues that arise out of the approved design
• Conduct all required Interfacing and coordination with other Projects within Horizon to ensure that engineering deliverables and construction plan will allow smooth execution of the construction works
• Foster a productive and open communication with the other project teams and other Horizon Business units that may influence or may be influenced by our activities
• Assist in the pre-commissioning and turnover processes to ensure adequate transfer of the facilities from the Project Team to the Client (Operation and Maintenance Teams)
• Participate in the selection process of Engineering, Procurement and Construction contractors and vendors, as required
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with an engineering degree
• Registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Coker Expansion
o Coordinating with teams such as Engineering, Construction, Maintenance, Operations and EPC contractors
o Working on site
o Working with hydrotreaters
o Construction and precommissioning
o Quality Assurance, Document Control and Warehouse Safety
o Management of Change (MOC), Request for Quotation (RFQ), and supporting supply chain
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Mechanical Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Project-Management
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.