MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and is eligible for:
Relocation to Calgary
The Project Engineer will be instrumental in managing the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor throughout the project phases to completion. You will have the opportunity to contribute in the development of all EPC deliverables on time and on budget influencing overall production.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Supervise and coordinate the efforts of the selected Contractor to perform EPC deliverables, ensuring that the Contractor performs diligently all his obligations under the contract (safety, quality, schedule and cost)
• Participate in the selection process of EPC contractors and vendors
• Coordinate the participation of the various Canadian Natural groups in the different project activities such as but not limited to Hazops, 3D Model Reviews, Deliverables Review Process, ensuring that input to the Contractor is adequate and timely
• Coordinate the Hazops evaluations of the project ensuring the participation of qualified personnel during the sessions (internal and external, if required), that all resulting actions are pursued and resolved, and documents updated
• During Construction phase, coordinate with the site engineering group the proper and timely review and resolution of all engineering and technical issues that arise out of the approved design
• Conduct all required Interfacing and coordination with other Projects within Horizon to ensure that engineering deliverables and construction plan will allow smooth execution of the construction works
• Foster a productive and open communication with the other project teams and other Horizon Business units that may influence or may be influenced by our activities
• Assist in the pre-commissioning and turnover processes to ensure adequate transfer of the facilities from the Project Team to the Client (Operation and Maintenance Teams)
• Participate in the development of execution plans, scope of work definition, schedule and budget definition, for any additional engineering work and future projects
• Maintain fluid communication with all Discipline Lead Engineers, Project Engineers from other Project Teams, the Construction Team, the EPC Contractor Team, and the Project Manager
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with an engineering degree
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Working on large processing, mining, refining, upgrading, or oil sands facilities projects valued at $100+ million
o Working on relocation projects
o Working debottlenecking projects
o Coordinating with teams such as Engineering, Construction, Maintenance, Operations and EPC contractors as well as working with EPC firms is critical in this role
o Contract development, project management systems and software, and knowledge of engineering information technologies
o Project planning and scheduling and understanding of MS Project and Primavera software is an asset
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Project Management roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Project-Management
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.