MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS -RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending forecasted at approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Lead Applications Engineer will be an outside-of-the-box thinker with an opportunity to improve the day to day process operations by implementing advanced process applications and continuously improving existing process controls. The Lead Applications Engineer provides leadership to a team of advanced process control and application engineers and will liaise between the stakeholders and team.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Opportunity to work with a new system and set the direction for sitewide dashboard
• Provide technical expertise, engineering consulting and troubleshooting services to processing facility
• Determine best uses of technology, enabling operating units to run at optimal conditions of safety, capacity and quality
• Initiate efforts to reduce energy consumption and increase economic productivity
• Review process control designs, participate in HAZOP and risk assessments, management of change (MOC) reviews, provide commissioning and start up support.
• Monitor and report process control performance
• Develop/assist in maintaining Horizon standards and practices
• Aware of new technology and legislative changes especially related to process control and safety
• Work with operations, DCS, E & I, process engineering groups and other disciplines on a regular basis to define and achieve desired improvements
• Set the strategic direction with alarm systems with DCS regulatory
• Typically 15+ years of related industry experience with an engineering degree (process control, chemical or related area)
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Considered an industry authority in Process Control, Multivariable Dynamic Matrix Control, Process inferential and Process Optimizations Applications
o Knowledge of refining and/or bitumen processing and upgrading units
o Knowledge of DCS and SIS systems, architecture, programming graphics and networks
o Knowledge of controls and instrumentation
o Working knowledge of codes and standards as they apply to process control
o PI and Triconnex experience an asset
o Sitewide dashboards
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Electrical/Instrumentation/Controls Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Electrical-Instrumentation-and-Controls
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.