MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Upstream Oil and Gas
Canadian Natural is one of the largest heavy crude oil producers in North America and one of the largest natural gas producers in Western Canada. Our phenomenal growth has been based on a balanced approach to exploration and acquisitions, combined with an emphasis on cost-effective exploitation.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
The Reservoir Engineer and EOR (Enhanced Oil Recovery) Specialist will provide technical Reservoir Engineering and EOR expertise and will lead EOR projects from concept to sanction. Our preferred candidate will be an individual with a very strong technical background, who has gone through the cycle of project concept, evaluation, planning and leading the field development plan to implement EOR processes.
• Evaluate existing oil pools (conventional, unconventional oil/gas and heavy oil) for enhanced oil recovery, taking those opportunities from the pre-screening to the pilot and full field implementation when justified
• Generate ideas for EOR projects within the company assets
• Develop overall field development plans for different EOR projects, including CO2 and chemical flood recovery projects eg Alkali Surfactant Polymer (ASP) flood
• Coordinate laboratory procedures aimed to assess EOR project feasibility for different pools
• Perform reservoir simulation as part of the EOR projects, from conceptual models to pilot and sector simulations to eventually full field models
• Provide reservoir engineering coaching, including reservoir simulation, to area Exploitation Engineers
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Promote innovation by recommending and implementing new recovery methods
• Find and develop new EOR opportunities on existing and prospective company assets in cooperation with area teams
• Improve Reservoir Engineering awareness and best practices within the company
• Typically 10+ years of EOR and Reservoir Engineering experience with an Engineering Degree or equivalent, ideally with Graduate studies
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA as a P.Eng
• Familiarity with and strong understanding of:
o Waterflooding and EOR projects, from concept to implementation
o Reservoir engineering micro-scale and macro-scale mechanisms under primary, secondary and EOR developments
o Unconventional reservoirs such as tight oil, coal bed methane, oil sands, shale gas coupled with extensive secondary and tertiary recovery projects experience
o Economic evaluations coupled with an exposure to operations
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Exploitation/Reservoir Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Exploitation-Reservoir
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.