Bell Technical Solutions Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bell Canada and offers complete residential telephone installation, repair, network development and telecommunications project management services.
To support our ongoing growth and development, we are presently seeking dedicated and highly professional individuals to fulfill the role of Cable Puller. Reporting to the Structured Cabling Project Manager, the Cable Puller is responsible for the placement and termination of copper and fiber optic cable, including telecommunication equipment, maintaining high standards for quality and customer service, and ensuring the security of material and equipment on site.
- May interact with customers at job sites
- Communicates regularly with dispatch, technicians and the Project Manager
- Completes forms, including time reporting and other requirements as determined by the Company
- Accepts responsibility and ownership for assigned work
- Maintains on a continuous basis, working knowledge of policies and administrative procedures and their proper application for the completion of all job assignments
- Contributes to work team to ensure proper equipment is available for the completion of job assignments and ensures the security of all company equipment from loss, theft or damage
- Adheres to all Bell Technical Solutions’ Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Supports the organization of the team’s daily activities, with a work crew of Technicians and other Cable Pullers
- Ability to approach all work assignments with great professionalism, exceptional customer service skills and a solid work ethic.
- Proficient in English (written & verbal)
- Ability to take direction while under the supervision of a lead technician
- Willingness to learn and undertake new challenges and complete work within assigned timeframes
- Ability to climb ladders, work at heights and in small spaces; cannot have fear of heights or claustrophobia.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 60 lbs., or more with assistance
- Previous general labour work experience and knowledge of cabling technology are assets
- Ability to distinguish colour-coded wire, read blue prints, and work with tools
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision; may be required to work alone in some situations
- Flexibility to work full time hours, with the possibility of evenings and weekends
- This position typically operates at a customer’s site and/or other field locations
- Must have a valid G2 drivers license and personal transportation with the ability to commute to various customer sites
- Mix of indoor and outdoor work; customer locations including construction sites
- Climbing is required – step and extension ladders
- Work in small spaces will be required
- Frequent exposure to all types of weather conditions (e.g. snow, rain)
- Frequent heavy lifting may be required
Bell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer