Student Technician – Telecommunications
Bell Technical Solutions Inc. offers complete residential telephone installation, repair, network development and telecommunications project management services.
As a Student Technician, you will be in charge of traveling on the road to install, repair and maintain our various types of telecommunications equipment and services, in response to the needs of present and future customers. You will play a key role within the organization and will enjoy ongoing training.
- Install and repair telecommunications equipment, products and services
- Organize work by using a company-provided laptop
- Analyze and resolve problems
- Inform customers of work that will be done
- Listen to customers' needs and promote applicable products and services
- Be responsible for BTS equipment and vehicle
- Take daily inventory of the equipment needed for the job
- Work collaboratively with management and colleagues
- Deliver professional service and maintain a good rapport with customers
- Enrollment in a post-secondary educational institution (i.e. accredited College or University) is required
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week from May 1 to September 1, 2014 (Labour Day)
- Must be available to work one weekend day every two weeks from the day after Labour Day to April 30, 2015
- A valid Ontario Drivers License (G2 or greater) with less than 4 demerit points
- Two (2) years of winter driving experience is required
- Ability to work indoors as well as outdoors in different weather conditions
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- At ease working with tools and measuring devices
- Ability to distinguish colours
- Flexibility to work different schedules (day, evenings and weekends) and on call;
- Excellent English Communication skills, spoken and written;
- Awareness of occupational health and safety and quality of work.
- Excellent customer service
- Responsible self-starter
In exchange for your services
Bell Technical Solutions offers you fully paid training, where you will also become familiar with your tasks and learn about health and safety practices.
Are you interested in this challenge? Seize the opportunity and join our team!
Bell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.