Behavioral Interventionist - South San Diego
|Location:||San Diego- South|
|Employment Type:||Full time|
|# of openings:||1|
The specific role of the Behavioral Interventionist is to provide in-home behavioral intervention to children with autism and their families. Behavioral Interventionists provide 1:1 behavior intervention to children and report directly to their Program Supervisor. Behavioral Interventionists are responsible for implementing the specific ABA programs as written by the Program Supervisor.
AST utilizes multiple ABA-based teaching strategies such as Discrete Trial Training, PRT, PECS and other play-based ABA techniques. Parents are required to participate in intervention sessions and will be directly trained by therapists and supervisors in techniques and specifics related to their child’s program. Behavioral Interventionists are required to collect data during every session.
• Requires a minimum of a BA/BS
• Minimum of six months experience working with children (with special needs and/or autism preferred)
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States of America
• Ability to independently and repeatedly lift, move and carry objects weighing up to thirty-five (35) pounds
• Valid California Class C driver’s license
• Appropriate education or training background
• Bilingual skills, a plus
In addition to the most competitive salaries in the area, AST offers the following benefits to their employees:
* Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance)
* Paid vacation and sick time
* Paid drive time
* Paid training and ongoing development opportunities
* BCBA coursework and supervision offered onsite
* Flexible schedules
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results