Quality Assurance Manager
Zetec is a global company with 250 employees in the U.S., France, South Korea, Canada, Japan, and most recently, China. Our company designs and manufactures non-destructive testing equipment that is in the energy industry around the globe to help insure facilities that are safe, productive and cost efficient. It is a fascinating application of technology and our company has been the industry leader for over 40 years. Zetec, Inc. is part a $500m+ division of publicly traded, Roper Industries (NYSE: ROP) and is headquartered in the Cascade foothills just outside of Seattle, WA. Zetec provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including generous retirement contributions.
Ensure products meet all internal requirements and external quality standards in a low-volume, high-mix, complex manufacturing environment, with worldwide operations. Ensure Zetec’s business practices and contracts comply with nuclear regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES
- Design and implement long-term progressive Quality strategies and objectives that support the company’s Vision, Mission and Values related to product quality.
- Ensure Quality programs reflect or exceed requirements of customers, state and relevant regulatory agencies such as ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 17025,etc. Identify, develop, implement and administer appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with external standards.
- Coordinate cross-functional support activities related to implementing processes and measures to assure Zetec compliance with all applicable nuclear regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and improve product quality by completing product, company, system, and compliance audits; ensure that all non-conformances identified during audits are resolved in a timely and complete manner. Review contracts as necessary to ensure Zetec meets QA requirements. Participate in external supplier audit.
- Administer the CAR program efficiently and effectively; investigate customer complaints and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Apply advanced technical writing skills and methods using active voice, instructional design, and desktop publishing methods to transfer information into understandable and useful information.
- Collaborate with other members of management to develop new products and manufacturing and training methods.
- Provide effective leadership and coordinate continuous improvement initiatives for productivity and quality. Participate on cross-functional teams while adding significant value. Apply CQI tools for problem solving and lead others in their effective use.
- Help create Operations’ department goals and metrics. Develop and report quality metrics consistent with industry standards. Develop and manage a Cost of Quality metric; facilitate the reporting of the metric for the Québec site and other locations as needed.
- Be available as a resource, role model and coach for quality matters throughout Zetec.
- Apply statistics to inspection practices to increase efficiency and quality of incoming and outgoing goods.
- Ensure that all assigned personnel receive appropriate training, feedback, and resources to perform their jobs effectively and efficiently.
Software Quality Assurance
Ensure that software products will meet its quality goals at the best value to the customer, and continually improve the organization’s ability to produce software products in the future:
- Support product development
- Structure testing process
- Coordinate testing activities
- Assess overall products quality
Knowledge & Skills
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Working knowledge of codes and standards applicable to the nuclear power industry including ISO 9001, 17025, CFR.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations governing product safety and compliance.
- Expertise in CQI / Lean Manufacturing principles and tools.
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication skills; written, oral, and inter-personal.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and employ effective time management skills.
- Knowledge of hardware and software development and manufacturing practices and processes.
- Expertise in software testing management.
- Knowledge of AGILE mythology (asset).
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor degree or technical degree in industrial engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a directly related quality, manufacturing or engineering management role.
Join our talented team! APPLY TODAY!
Only candidates selected for this position will be contacted.