This is a position within the Marketing Operations department of the Database Marketing Services business unit of KBM Group. This individual leads a team of two or more consultants that support clients’ marketing activities.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of an on-site Account Manager, this individual performs the following functions:
- Work with clients and KBM Group personnel to understand client’s marketing strategy
- Work directly with client marketing personnel to obtain and understand requirements for marketing campaigns to be executed in direct mail and email marketing channels.
- Work with two or more team members to assign, manage, and ensure quality of the marketing campaigns completed by the team.
- Use software tools, primarily Unica Campaign, to build and execute multi-channel campaigns by following established processes
- Understand campaign and reporting best practices, and recommend these practices to clients and KBM personnel when appropriate
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems or issues with campaign and/or reporting software used by KBM personnel and/or clients
Minimum Business Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to act as a primary interface with client personnel or marketing personnel.
- Strong understanding of marketing concepts and/or industry experience in a transportation / airline vertical market.
- Ability to effectively lead a team of two or more Marketing Operations Consultants. Two to five years experience leading team members is desired.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work independently with clients
- Good communication skills, in both verbal and written English, with ability to translate technical concepts to business users
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate
- Ability to build and maintain team relationships across geographic areas (client and various KBM Group offices)
- Good interpersonal skills
Minimum Technical Skills:
- Two years’ experience with Unica Campaign, or equivalent experience with other marketing campaign tools such as Responsys, Alterian, Epiphany, Neolane, Conversen.
- Knowledge and experience deploying email campaigns
- Familiarity with HTML
- Familiarity with basic database concepts
- Familiarity with Structured Query Language (SQL), including experience with join and aggregate data functions
- Experience with multi-channel and digital marketing deployment (email, search, landing pages, SMS, APIs)
- Other directly-related job or academic experience is a plus
Essential Physical Functions:
- Must have the physical ability to use a computer with mouse and keyboard
- Must be capable of viewing a computer screen
- Must be able to remain at a computer terminal for extended periods of time while performing assigned tasks
- Must be able to commute to a local office in Chicago