W R Systems, Ltd. has a need for an Import/Export Specialist to act as the Subject Matter Expert regarding international shipping requirements, concentrating on the proper documentation. The Import/Export Specialist must understand and comply with US Customs regulations.
Position responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure import/export transactions are properly handled with regards to customs/duties requirements
- Back up to import/export contractual SME
- RMA Processing of returns to International Vendors
- Assist with maintenance of import/export compliance processes
- Understand financial/civil penalties and assist in internal/external corporate compliance audits
- Prepare documents for Letter of Credit presentation
- Assist in policy documentation & implementation
- Develop proper record keeping practices and help develop effective processes
Candidates must possess the following experience:
- 5-10 years experience in both Federal Government and Commercial International Shipping. High School diploma or equivalent; BA/BS preferred
- Terminology of international trade, understanding & conveying the importance/requirements of proper documentation and record keeping
- Ability to recognize potential ITAR/EAR violations
- AES (Automated Export System) Experience filing with AES Direct
- Freight Forwarding background preferred
The selected candidate will support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: high standard of quality in conduct and performance; determination to achieve excellence; ownership; accountability; competence; collaboration; innovation; focus; drive; enthusiasm; mutual trust and respect; dedication; loyalty; and good citizenship.
W R Systems, Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer with a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sector since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses, and various other formal and informal methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran