W R Systems, Ltd. has an immediate need for an ECDU Software Test Engineer / System Operator to be located at the Little Creek customer site. Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops software system testing plans and procedures for navigation systems and associated user interfaces.
- Conducts testing to identify any errors and verify navigation systems meet specifications.
- Performs setup of hardware/software test environment.
- Monitors system performance.
- Participates in client meetings to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from users regarding system errors, problems, or questions about Navigation systems.
- Tracks software and hardware defects and assists in system configuration management.
- Writes and maintains documentation to assist with program development, logic, coding, testing, change management, as well as installation and operating procedures.
- Develops test clients to assist in testing.
- Analyzes software code to find source of errors and performs fixes.
- Expert level Linux System Administrator preferred, especially in areas of Linux setup and security
- Ability to works onsite in a US Navy laboratory development environment
- Ability to travel 5-15% of time, including potential shipboard travel on occasion
Candidates must possess the following experience:
- Bachelors of Science degree in computer/software engineering, computer science, math physics or related scientific from ABET preferred.
- 4+ years of experience preferred
SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
The selected candidate will support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: high standard of quality in conduct and performance; determination to achieve excellence; ownership; accountability; competence; collaboration; innovation; focus; drive; enthusiasm; mutual trust and respect; dedication; loyalty; and good citizenship.
W R Systems, Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer with a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sector since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses, and various other formal and informal methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran