The Database Administrator is an individual contributor position that is responsible for the design, engineering, and maintenance of retail fashion technologies by conceptualizing, documenting, designing, tuning, and maintaining complex system implementations.
- Support business initiatives by providing administration, design, and senior level technical capabilities for database platforms that support the business, including point of sale (POS) applications, web services, portal, design applications, and collaboration technologies.
- Envision and develop a strategy enabling more efficient and effective database technologies and PCI compliance.
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to deliver high quality solutions that leverage multiple technologies and support business users.
- Partner with vendors and assist with setting technical standards and procedures for leading technologies.
- Improve the speed of technology implementation and eliminate the need for outside resources.
- Effectively communicate technical directions in both written and verbal methods.
- Maintain an understanding of the tools, technical environment, and business processes necessary to monitor and evaluate the system implementations for trends that could impact business operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences.
- 7-10 years of experience in Database Administration and Engineering.
- Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, and Teradata databases.
- Background in database system implementation.
- Technically savvy in the networking of servers, working in virtualized environments
- Ability to extrapolate information from multiple systems and provide effective troubleshooting for system integration.
- Scripting to help with administration and write custom queries to measure key information.
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative without direct supervision.
- Project management capabilities with the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Results driven focus, with the capacity to see issues through to completion in a timely manner.
- Database administration, design, implementation, and tuning experience.
- Proven ability to learn similar technologies to core skillset; compare and contrast solutions to make fair judgment on technology direction.
- Familiarity with:
- VMWare Virtualization
- System Management, Monitoring, Alerting
- Networking and Network Concepts
- DB tuning for Windows Environments
- Oracle 10gR2 DB Administration
- Websphere and IIS Web Services
- DB tuning for Linux Environment
- Java Application Server Concepts
- Database Conversion