The Web Developer II role is an individual contributor position responsible for supporting the THELIMITED.com site and other brand-related sites. This position is responsible for the technical design and development of back-end and front-end feature sets. This position will work closely with the design, marketing, and ecommerce teams to develop web pages and back-end logic to support business projects. The candidate will also review and support code developed by our platform provider and other internal resources to ensure it performs as expected and follows industry best practices for coding, performance and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Document technical designs for custom site features.
- Develop from approved technical designs from internal and external resources (business partners) across several areas including front-end (client-side), back-end (server-side), and/or web service technologies.
- Report project status and updates to Senior Management team.
- Ensure web pages/site follows best practices from a coding, SEO, and performance perspective.
- Work with web designers to deliver pages that integrate text, graphics, sound, and/or video.
- Explain pros and cons of design approaches from a technical perspective to non-technical business partners.
- Document developed code and maintain quality standards.
- Flex critical problem solving skills to diagnose site issues and implement fixes.
- Apply knowledge of ecommerce and web technology to business strategies and opportunities to drive the business to success.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines required
- Experience supporting an ecommerce platform required (ATG, Magento, WebSphere Commerce, Demandware)
- Experience with Demandware a plus
- Experience with Photoshop required
- Experience developing web services required
- Thorough knowledge of SEO required
- Experience with Subversion a plus
- Experience with Omniture/Google Analytics a plus
- Experience with Social Media APIs a plus
- Minimum 2-3 years hands-on ecommerce development experience