USA - San Diego, California
Senior or Staff Systems & Software Test Engineer
Participate in planning, development and execution of tests to validate cellular wireless data modems used on automotive and M2M applications
• Perform host software (WinCE, Windows Mobile) US carrier testing (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint).
• Support product development team to validate product software releases in NA live network.
• Perform stationary and drive testing on carrier networks for product development and certification pre-testing.
• Support contractor field testing by preparing hardware and software, reviewing test plans, and analyzing test results.
• Participate in carrier certification testing.
• Debug customer issues by comparative testing, review of customer provided M2M embedded solution BU projects (AR7, WP7, GTM3, AR rel2, SL9090, etc.)
• Minimum 3-years’ experience with testing CDMA, LTE or UMTS handsets or data cards is required.
• Position requires experience with TCL or Perl scripts.
• Hands on experience with wireless test equipment such as Agilent 8960, R&S CMU200/CMW500 or similar equipment a must.
• Experience with test planning, test case development and execution is required.
• Ability to analyze and understand over-the-air protocol logs is necessary for this position.
• North American carrier certification test experience is highly desirable.
• Drive testing experience is preferred.
• Experience with Qualcomm Tools such as QPST and QXDM is a plus.