To drive new growth and maintain superior customer service delivery, we are looking for an ambitious and innovative individual in the following role.
Position: General Manager – Ottawa
Salary Range: based on skills and experience
Reports to: VP, Sales and Marketing
The General Manager (GM) will provide overall strategic leadership and direction for all aspects of the Ottawa market, including sales, service, installation and administration. The GM will effectively communicate a vision, management philosophy, and new HVAC business strategy to the employees and will motivate and inspire employees to realize the Company’s vision and serve as an effective role model for the organization.
Through the development of strong dealer and customer relationships that foster superior customer satisfaction, the GM will be responsible in delivering and achieving revenue targets. He/she is accountable for the financial profitability of the business unit, while ensuring customer service excellence standards are achieved. He/she will be accountable for long and short-term strategic plans to grow market share especially within the Business to Consumer market. The General Manager will conceptualize and implement plans across all product and service offerings, to meet and exceed targets with new and existing customers.
- Provide strategic direction, business planning, and full P&L management
- Responsible for driving the growth of the market through developing and implementing strategic business plans to expand market share, capture strategic sales opportunities and develop market penetration strategies for new business.
- Capture and report on market/sales trends, functional activities projects and ensure accurate reporting and forecasting of all direct sales results.
- Develop and ensure business controls and processes are in place to effectively manage sales, service and installation activities.
- Establish methods to measure and maintain customer service excellence; develop corrective action to be implemented on a timely basis when service falls below standards.
- Report daily on pre-determined key performance factors within the business unit. Identify areas where such factors are not being met and take immediate corrective action to rectify the situation.
- Assist the team in developing creative solutions to meet unique customer requirements.
- Develop, recommend and implement strategies to foster performance and develop resources, including training and development, compensation, recognition and rewards programs.
- Responsible for the identification of recruitment needs and managing the full cycle of sourcing, interviewing and hiring activities
- Set and monitor performance objectives, goals and criteria; evaluate performance through quarterly performance reviews. Identify and action opportunities for growth and development.
- Direct and motivate a high performing team through effective training and coaching.
- Contribute with the development and implementation of effective sales processes for the organization.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective sales/rental training.
Skills, Abilities and Experience: Ideal candidates possess the following skills:
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive general management and sales experience within an organization that provides services to the business and consumer sectors with direct B2C experience; preferably within the Ottawa market.
- Experienced in marketing
- Demonstrated strong business acumen, attained through completion of a business degree or related experience, with the ability to contribute to the development and execution of strategic plans. Post-secondary business education preferred.
- Proven track record of driving sales, generating revenue and developing team.
- Results oriented with a strong sales acumen and robust operational knowledge; demonstrated ability to consistently meet or over-achieve business growth and profitability targets.
- Proven strong leadership, training and motivation skills with a track record of successfully managing and developing high performing teams. Relationship building; strong ability to develop new and effective relationships with internal and external contacts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate desired outcomes
- Demonstrated problem solving, strategic planning, decision making and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of customer needs, service and experience with demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret market and consumer data in order to make sound business decisions.
- Flexibility and adaptability; high capacity to work in and lead an evolving organization; establishing new processes, etc.; ability to lead change and act as a change agent
- Demonstrated capability to effectively and proactively manage time, set priorities, meet multiple and conflicting deadlines, and to deliver on outcomes.
- Bilingual in English and French a decided asset.