Reliance Limited Partnership offers essential home services to customers across Canada keeping homeowners warm in the winter, cool in the summer and with an endless supply of hot water.
Reliance is a $450 million business today having doubled in size over the last 5 years. The Reliance portfolio consists of over 1.2 million residential water heaters in Ontario and is Canada’s largest portfolio of rental water heaters. It is also one of Canada’s largest heating and cooling companies. What has remained core to the business in our fast growing company is the continual development of strong customer relationships and loyalty, and investment in team members and systems necessary to cost-effectively and efficiently manage the business.
Past performance and future plans demonstrate that the business is doing the right things in its quest to become the destination of choice in its vertical by offering consumers products and services they want and value. The organization is well positioned to continue to out-perform others in a competitive marketplace.
Oversee the strategy and execution of management of flow of goods, including purchasing, warehousing, inventory management to enable Reliance to anticipate and meet the needs of our customers and create net value across our growing organization.
- Oversee a team of three analysts and indirectly manage operations partners in supply chain / inventory management matters, ensuring that team members have clear goals and are coached to develop and grow.
- Manage the process for forecasting demand and timing for finished goods, components and spare parts.
- Drive other strategy, policy and processes within the Reliance branches and our partner locations to ensure a consistent approach.
- Partner with various functions within our business to formulate forecasts.
- Build relationships with vendors to collaborate on forecasts and generate cost savings where appropriate by consolidating and centralizing services and to ensure service level agreements are met.
- Gather data to analyze seasonal needs for parts demand.
- Monitor supply chain performance metrics (fill rates, stock-outs, count compliance, inventory investment levels) and take appropriate corrective action.
- Drive inventory integrity; establish and maintain inventory schedule and count compliance; review variances with the individual branches to identify root causes and implement corrective action as appropriate.
- Communicate daily and monthly reporting metrics with managers and vendors.
- Identify and investigate potential business efficiency opportunities to improve inventory accuracy and for cost reduction.
- Ensure skus, pricing, inventory count data are accurately reported in tracking system.
- Raise the bar on customer service standard by reviewing root cause of ‘further service’ incidents for opportunities to improve on our parts ordering to have the right part for each install and ‘fix right the first time’ and other activities as appropriate.
- Continue proactive communication with suppliers to ensure after hours parts rooms are operating effectively and to ensure we have awareness and plans around suppliers’ hours of operations and schedules.
- Responsible for all Fleet and Facilities management.
- Lead team in driving improvements and automation to reduce risk for the company.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- 5-10 years of proven experience in Supply Chain Management
- University education or equivalent years of experience
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or equivalent supply chain management designation is preferred
- Supervisory and team management experience
- Previous experience in ERP systems and Supply Chain Management Software
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead a team in a diversified and changing environment
- Advanced computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive, professional attitude and the ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Advanced written, verbal and presentation communication skills with excellent interpersonal ability and collaborative abilities
- Strong problem solving skills and solution oriented
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel occasionally
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check be completed for potential candidates. This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.